• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99csvt #835 looking for ex-owner

svtkev

CEG'er
Looking for ex-owner of t-red 99 CSVT #835 this car came into my work as a salvage a while back,and i nabbed some goodies off it and i was wondering if the ex-owner was a member of CEG so i could get some info,i thought they might be a ceg member because the car had BAT suspension,3L and bassani cat-back,basically what i am wanting to know if there is a locking diff in the tranny because it looks like the case had been apart, is there any way to tell if its a locker once its removed from the car other than cracking the case?Also does terry haines mark his trannies because there is some writing that starts with a T...thanks

Haines normally scribes a TH or Thaines on it, and the date.

You can look in the side of the tranny after you remove the cv axle and see if you can see through the differential or not, to determine if it has an LSD.

I do believe you can spin the input shaft and see if both ares the CVs go into spin the same direction...

Looking for ex-owner of t-red 99 CSVT #835 this car came into my work as a salvage a while back,and i nabbed some goodies off it and i was wondering if the ex-owner was a member of CEG so i could get some info,i thought they might be a ceg member because the car had BAT suspension,3L and bassani cat-back,basically what i am wanting to know if there is a locking diff in the tranny because it looks like the case had been apart, is there any way to tell if its a locker once its removed from the car other than cracking the case?Also does terry haines mark his trannies because there is some writing that starts with a T...thanks

You can also pull and axle to see. If it looks like this it's stock. It think a Torsen has a + and Quaife has a hole.
trans4.jpg

yes,the car came into my work(i work at a salvage yard) and i couldnt let that stuff go to waste now
Thats awesome!! :laugh: You saved one from the scrap heap and now you get another one in there! What happened to it, was it wrecked?

Yeah it was wrecked, not too bad though,more like beat to hell,worst part was we shipped the engine to Virginia only to find out it had a spun bearing and when we got it back and were inspecting it was when we found out it was a 3L , counting my car this is the 5th SVTC to come into our yard

Back