• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Filing criminal charges if ripped off by CEG member?

Assuming hypothetically that one CEG member pays for a Contour part to a CEG member from a foreign country; never receives the part, and finds out later that this allegedly happened to somebody else (but concerning a different part) - can criminal charges ultimately be filed?

Is so, how and where is this done? FBI? The buyer's local police? The seller's local police? Interpol?

Anybody ever had to deal with this issue before?
You would contact the FBI stateside,and to screw them in they're country, Interpol!

I bought a wiring harness from him three weeks ago, and im STILL waiting for it!
Hold up,there is this little thing called customs have you recieved notification that it has cleared!Disregard my last post until you attempt to contact member and called US Customs to see if they have a package for you awaiting clearence.You might have to get a Customs lawyer involved worst case senario!

Well aware of the customs thingy, the only problem is I havn't been able to retrieve anyshipping info from him etc

Hold up,there is this little thing called customs have you recieved notification that it has cleared!Disregard my last post until you attempt to contact member and called US Customs to see if they have a package for you awaiting clearence.You might have to get a Customs lawyer involved worst case senario!

ha 2 weeks... that's nothing, I bought something from someone in Michigan 4 months ago and still haven't gotten it. His PM box is full and I get no response. he had a pretty good rep on here, but out of no where I am getting screwed... He sent half the stuff I was supposed to get (3 months after I paid for it) and now I'm just high and dry on the other stuff. I see other people kinda upset on his profile comments. I get no reply...

***UPDATE***

I got a reply. Seems he was just really busy and maybe missed the oversight of contacting me... As long as it all works out in the end I can't complain.

Assuming hypothetically that one CEG member pays for a Contour part to a CEG member from a foreign country; never receives the part, and finds out later that this allegedly happened to somebody else (but concerning a different part) - can criminal charges ultimately be filed?

Is so, how and where is this done? FBI? The buyer's local police? The seller's local police? Interpol?

Anybody ever had to deal with this issue before?

what r u doing buying a contour item from mondeo folks anyway?:shrug: unless of course u mean across the mitchigan river;)

Customs should not interfere with the seller's ability to tell the buyer how and when he shipped the item and what the tracking number is.

So have you filled a complaint with paypal? they usally sort it out automatically.

No part, no pay.

I'd just say screw it and file a dispute with my cc company. There is no reason for blatant lack of communication.

You should be 100% protected by your credit card. Unless he can provide tracking info to prove that the item was received, it's a very black and white case.

ha 2 weeks... that's nothing, I bought something from someone in Michigan 4 months ago and still haven't gotten it. His PM box is full and I get no response. he had a pretty good rep on here, but out of no where I am getting screwed... He sent half the stuff I was supposed to get (3 months after I paid for it) and now I'm just high and dry on the other stuff. I see other people kinda upset on his profile comments. I get no reply...

***UPDATE***

I got a reply. Seems he was just really busy and maybe missed the oversight of contacting me... As long as it all works out in the end I can't complain.

Like I said... It's all taken care of I think. good luck to anyone else having problems.

Here's an update:

keithr
user_offline.gif

Banned

***UPDATE***

Guess what, I have bought some popular items from two very well respected guys (not just ordinarily respected -- both happened to live in MI) from 2 GBs. Each took 6+ months to get to my door.

The good things was I got the stuffs. :)

I can understand that with a GB if the items are custom made or coming from a Mfg that has to produce them, but this was from a person that said he had the items that were for sale. Then lied about shipping them.

Back