• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT go faster

Lt_hailBob

Veteran CEG'er
I'm new to the forum and recently got a 1998 contour svt black on midnight blue. It has 93,000 miles on it and I only paid $4,000 for it. I am looking for easy ways to make the car go faster. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if the new duratec 35 will work in the CSVT?

first off, Todd will be around with a pocket full of the Search button to give out. I think he's running for Presuhdant of the playground.

Other than that, no, the 3.5 won't work. But there are a few things that you can do, and it isn't alot. Even though you have bought a very good car, there never was much love from the aftermarket.

There are still some exhaust makers still around. MSDS makes a great set (and the only) of headers. K&N doesn't make a specific intake but some filters can be used. Nautilus Performance offers PCM tuning and a turbo kit. They also do some brake kits as well.

If you scroll down a little farther, you'll see a performance section. In it is some FAQ's that you should look through. There is more information than I can recall at the moment.

If you've got more questions, feel free to ask and Welcome!.

straight out of the pages of "wow.. I'm a noob".

Did you not read the huge freaking thread called (and I thought it was QUITE OBVIOUS) "NEW MEMBERS READ ME FIRST!!!!!!!"??

It was in the "new members classroom.. where you should have been spending your time while you are limited to that forum READING.

oh..

welcome to CEG.

no.. the 3.5 will not work, at least not in any sense you are hoping.
yes, there are PLENTY of ways to increase power output, traction, handling, or looks.

try doing a little READING.

Alright boys and girls its story time. Gather round. Once upon a time there was a boy who just bought a SVT Contour. He was an enthusiast and wanted to learn as much as he could about this car. One day he found a website about SVT Contours called www.contour.org. "Wow, this website is amazing", said the boy. The boy wanted to know what he should do to make his car faster.

Upon looking around, he saw in big bold letters NEW MEMBER CLASSROOM: NEW MEMBERS GO HERE FIRST BEFORE TRYING TO POST ON THE SITE!!!!! Wow, that must be pretty important if they made this bold and typed in all CAPS he thought.
893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Maybe they have answers to my questions in there.
cegnewbie.jpg

So the boy went into the new member classroom and saw that many people were making their first posts there and introducing themselves. But wait! Before I post, I probably should read that stickied thread called "New Members Read: First Things First", he thought. The boy was a new member and he wanted to make sure he did things right after joining so he clicked on that thread.

cegnewbie1.jpg

Upon going to the "First Things First" again he saw two things that looked very important that he should read. The boy was really wanting to post about his car, so he clicked the "Read Before Posting. (This should be your second stop)" That would have some very helpful info.

cegnewbie2.jpg

Amazing! Anything he could possibly ever want to know about his car was right in front of him. Performance, Aesthetics, Troubleshooting! "This website has everything!", shouted the boy! The boy knew he had the duratec engine and he wanted to make his car go faster, so he clicked the link that said "Duratec Performance."

cegnewbie3.jpg

Upon being directed to the Duratec Performance branch of the forums, he began to find what he was looking for. The boy wanted to ask if its possible to swap in a duratec 3.5L. But wouldnt you know! Someone had already asked it and it was the very first thread! This just couldnt get any better for the boy! Things were really going his way and all this reading was really paying off.
cloud9.gif
He noticed that the Duratec 35 thread was locked. "Hmmm", he thought. Upon reading the thread he realized this question gets brought up a lot and that people were bashing the newbie for asking such a common question and not searching. "Wow, I'm glad I did the right thing by searching. That could have been bad", said the boy.
893whatthe.gif

cegnewbie4.jpg

Well, the boy only had one more stop and that was the Duratec Performance thread stickied at the top that said "Read First". Upon opening up the thread, he realized he had hit the Jackpot! Anything from the first mods he could do, to serious performance, to parts that were a bad deal. The boy went ahead and read all of these and turned his car into one of the best performing SVT's around.

cegnewbie5.jpg

THE END!

Sure, I understand why you guys are stressing the new users section, but did you ever think that welcoming someone new might be more appropriate? If I were this guy, there would be no way that I would ever come back to this site. All I'm trying to say is that this isn't your own exclusive club to bash all the new guys.

Lt_hailBob, if you do come back, welcome! The angry masses tend to go away eventually.

the dude had it comin to him. shoulda read each sub forum. then he would have realized that the newb section is where he needed to post.

the "welcoming" is done in the new user forum.

migrating out in to the other forums is like jumping in to shark infested waters.

either have sharksuit, or a deathwish.
:D :D :D

If you can't swim, yet... keep the floaties on. This guy can swim.. he just wasn't aware that there were sharks in here. :D :D

He'll be back.. he wants information more than he would want to be like most immature new members. He's not new to forums.. just this one. He'll make a fine addition to the CEG group.

Mike I'm not that bad of a search Nazi. I'll only post it if it really calls for it. And this forum is far from slamming on newbies. Spend some time on other forums and this place will look like a cake walk.

Isnt there a way to restrict the forums that new users can post in, similar to not being allowed to post in classifieds unless you have 50 posts? For instance, once a person registers, only allowing them to post in the new users forum until they get to 10 posts, or something like that?

That is already in place.

new members are required to stay and post in ONLY the new members classroom, general, maintenance forums, and regional locations for 14 days or x number of posts (5, IIRC)

This just happened to be in an allowed forum.

Lt_Hailbob,

Dont take what I said the wrong way. Im just giving you a hard time because your a newbie. There is a lot of useful information on this site though. Honestly, if the idea has been conceived, its been documented sometime in CEG's existance. Sometimes finding it is the hard part. Enjoy your stay!

Back