• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Filing criminal charges if ripped off by CEG member?

96RedSE5Sp

Hard-core CEG'er
Assuming hypothetically that one CEG member pays for a Contour part to a CEG member from a foreign country; never receives the part, and finds out later that this allegedly happened to somebody else (but concerning a different part) - can criminal charges ultimately be filed?

Is so, how and where is this done? FBI? The buyer's local police? The seller's local police? Interpol?

Anybody ever had to deal with this issue before?

I have been e-mailing him and to his credit he he has responded. Its just that it's been two weeks since he said he'd ship the items and he has not yet given me a shipping confirmation number.

I'm still hopeful that he's legit and that maybe there's an innocent explanation here. Frequently, however, I've been provided with the shipping confirmation without even having to ask.

He seems to be a well-respected member here and if not for the negative feedback, I'd really not be too concerned at this point.

this thread has totally lost me lol:crazy: I thought I knew who it was and now maybe not so much lol

I have been e-mailing him and to his credit he he has responded. Its just that it's been two weeks since he said he'd ship the items and he has not yet given me a shipping confirmation number.

I've purchased several stainless steel pieces from a guy in England for my engine on seperate occasions. He's not provided shipping info for whatever reason but it's never taken over 7 days. Two weeks is too long, I'd say. Comforting, huh?

The OP has given us enough clues to figure out who the seller was by ourselves... I have never delt with that person, so I am not going to comment...

Anyways, have you tried contacting that person by any means?

*cough* Does his name rhyme with thief and end with a R? *cough*:laugh:

I don't understand why he is still allowed to sell on the forums or even be an active member. A bunch of people have had problems with him before.

ok lets get this thread back on topic ... which is about filing charges across bourders.

please remember that all transactions between members are at your own risk.

also please refer to the feedback sub-forum in the classifieds.

I called the Police Department from the city in question and they informed me that anyone who feels victimized should contact the Police Department in the City in which he or she (the victim) lives and that Police Department will forward the complaint on to the city where the seller lives.

I talked to my local Police Department. They are willing to take a complaint and forward it to the City in question. I am willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but if I do not have my hightowers in 11 days, I will be filing the police report.

If anyone wants further info, please PM me.

I called the Police Department from the city in question and they informed me that anyone who feels victimized should contact the Police Department in the City in which he or she (the victim) lives and that Police Department will forward the complaint on to the city where the seller lives.

I talked to my local Police Department. They are willing to take a complaint and forward it to the City in question. I am willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but if I do not have my hightowers in 11 days, I will be filing the police report.

If anyone wants further info, please PM me.

Good for you I hope this person that you bought from steps up to the plate and sends you the items that you paid for. By the way how did you pay for them? Maybe you can use the payment transfer company to help you in getting your money back if all else fails.

Believe me, I know how you feel!

I paid via paypal credit card, so there might be some protection there.
This is why I pay everything I can with a credit card. Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. They will reverse the charge, (and subsequent finance charges associated with said charge), on your card & you end up not losing a penny.

Back