• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine weight

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
How much does a 2.5L duratec weigh? (With and without fluids if possible) Has anyone picked one up by hand with a couple of guys?

I THINK a fully dressed duratec weighs 365 pounds.

Moving one by hand... wow, that probably wouldnt be fun.

How much does a 2.5L duratec weigh? (With and without fluids if possible) Has anyone picked one up by hand with a couple of guys?

The actual block and heads aren't that heavy at all. with two people (mainly because of size) you can transport the block and heads no problem. As for a full longblock? Figure in all the weight for the accessories, intake mani's, exhaust mani's, etc it still shouldn't weigh that much. Depends how much of the engine is there I guess.

just be careful.... wear gloves, there are many sharp edges on the block and heads.

I'd say 2 or 3 guys can pick up a Duratec long block if you can get good enough grip on it.

On several occasions I've lifted a dressed 3L on a pallet with just one other person . . . its not too bad. Now, one by itself, not on a pallet, getting a good handhold on both sides is the only question.

Back