• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fidanza Flywheel I.c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn. i dont know how i missed this one. i need to replace mine now that we've yanked the trans out.

if anyone wants out, let me know.

You know, just buy it from them and quote the group buy before it's too late, they didn't care who I was on the group buy so there isn't any spots to take. I'm sure they'd like to sell 100 flywheels, so order one up while you can. 10 people was the minimum at this price, anymore are probably welcome.

What weight are you guys purchasing? IIRC there were multiple weights you could choose from...
OK quick update... I've weighed the flywheel and it is 8lbs 7oz with the steel plate on. My clutch plate weighs 3lbs and the pressure plate weighs 10lbs. So the whole assembly weighs the same as a stock flywheel !! ...G.

anyone else who bought one get theirs yet? I'm still waiting on mine, I think ray still has to get his batch in. I'm probably going to email him tomorrow.

Hey SVTRacer; let us know when Ray plans on shipping out this batch. Anyone else who wants to sneak in and buy one before the offer price changes... now would be a good time
icon10.gif
..G.

i will email him tomorrow, i've been busy this past weekend with a 19 hr (cumlative(sp?)) drive to fayetteville, NC and the start of the 3L:cool:. will let you all know when i get an email back.

EDIT: emailed him tonight at 8:20pm. Will probably get a response back sometime tomorrow, hopefully.

UPDATE: just got an email from ray. He has told me it will be around ONE more week until he has his full shipment in and then he will ship the rest of the paid ones out. So, around 2 two weeks or so and i'll have mine!:crazy:

can you guys getting your flywheels this week please let us know when they arrive ,... the door is still not shut to anyone else yet... G.

1. Gorman PAID/ DELIVERED
2. DonKingKong PAID/ DELIVERED
3. SVTkid
4. icysvt
5. PHilly (refunded)
6. bensenvill (NECO) PAID
7. Nezerconezer PAID
8. kpeeks (NECO/CEG) -zetec PAID
9.SVTRacer PAID/DELIVERED
10.S.BOOGIE2468 PAID

just a few pictures. :)

001-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Once again, thank you Gorman for setting this GB up. :eek:

3. SVTkid
4. icysvt
5. PHilly (refunded)
6. bensenvill (NECO) PAID/ DELIVERED
7. Nezerconezer PAID
10.S.BOOGIE2468 PAID

it looks so purdy on my desk.

3. SVTkid
4. icysvt
5. PHilly (refunded)
7. Nezerconezer DELIVERED
10.S.BOOGIE2468 PAID

OK guys, after an enquiry if the group buy price was still available... Ray has said that the $230 + shipping price is available until further notice. Let him know you are CEG/NECO members. I have mine installed now... the car feels so light and nimble on acceleration.. G.

3. SVTkid
4. icysvt
5. PHilly (refunded)
7. Nezerconezer DELIVERED
10.S.BOOGIE2468 PAID
11. CSVT#49 - PAID

I know I am brining back an old thread, but it's got a good cause.

Has anyone, besides me, installed their flywheel yet? I had some issues with two of my bolts NOT lining up to my block. Just wanted to see if that was a common problem or not. I should have taken a picture to show, but i was an idiot and didnt. Anyone else have any problems?

Mind you, i am working on an '03 3L block, so I do not know if that changes why I had issues or not.

I know I am brining back an old thread, but it's got a good cause.

Has anyone, besides me, installed their flywheel yet? I had some issues with two of my bolts NOT lining up to my block. Just wanted to see if that was a common problem or not. I should have taken a picture to show, but i was an idiot and didnt. Anyone else have any problems?

Mind you, i am working on an '03 3L block, so I do not know if that changes why I had issues or not.

The holes aren't the same distance from each other like the holes on a rim, just keep turning the flywheel until the holes line up perfectly, like in some positions none of the holes on the flywheel line up with the crank holes. Also if anyone is still interested in a flywheel at these prices, the prices are still good for now, so pick one up.

The holes aren't the same distance from each other like the holes on a rim, just keep turning the flywheel until the holes line up perfectly, like in some positions none of the holes on the flywheel line up with the crank holes. Also if anyone is still interested in a flywheel at these prices, the prices are still good for now, so pick one up.

Thats what svttour said, I turned and turned that flywheel a complete 360 clockwise and then again counter-clockwise. And yet, two of the holes did not line up.:shrug:

Either way, I've got locktite in the screws that would thread up and it's balanced and very tight. (dad's a mechanic and assured me that it would be okay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back