• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass Eyelids

someone start photoshopping ideas... I too would need to see something in order to vote yes/no

I have a spare rear refector that I could send in and dontate if needed but no extra Rear light assemblies.

my taillights are painted if they can make some that surround the whole tail light they might look good ...let me see if i can find a pic
a83e9fb0.jpg

and ive got a extra set of taillights i could donate

Last edited:
sorta like an eyelid that almost circles the entire lens? (AKA tailight cover of sorts?)

kind of i suppose but the more i think about it they would have to protrude off the car unless they were very thin ......might not be a great idea. i just dont think they would look good just on the top of the light though. lets find out ill ship those tails to you. see what u can do

tails look ok but the reflector looks like crap chrome strip or not

I was think something to go over or replace the chrome strip. I dont have my computer at work for the time being so ill try to do something at home.

****I have a new Idea for a part****

289_0.jpg

How about B pillar Inserts like Wolf offers for the Newer Mondeo??? This will allow the people that want a cleaner look to do so. Ill be honest I did the Vinyl thing and I am experience with application of this stuff and I only left it on for a day. For me, I loved the way it looked however couldnt get over the bad quality that was taking away from the rest of the car.

These would be cheap to make and they might be able to spray the FG ones satin blk in Bulk. They would be ready to apply. and Think CF would look amazing too.

tails look ok but the reflector looks like crap chrome strip or not

I agree. It also looks stupid without anything on the reflector because then the taillight eyelid just ends, there's like an inch gap, then the tapered chrome starts...I just don't think the idea works with this trunk.

that center reflector looks like crapola... I like the side lenses though.. thats hot...

what if we could come up with a center piece that ELIMINATED the chrome strip and connected with the tail lenses like that chop above?

I personally dont care if I lose the chrome strip or the FORD emblem

B pillar CF pieces would kick my ass hard. Unfortunately they dont have a car to see in person.. who loves the closest that could make a trip out there and lend them the car or something?

I think I'm about 6+ hours away - I could do it but they wouldnt have a whole heck of alot of time with my car because I could probably only stay a weekend somewhere.

I really think a cf front bumper cover with an integrated splitter would be good. First... the OEM part isn't even available anymore, so even non-performance people would have to be interested... if they don't want the SE bumper cover. Second... there would be no "blending" of a Mirko... it would be a single unit. Also... I'd hope it would be lighter... the OEM one is kind of heavy.

Can somone send us the rear crome peice?

Can somone send us the rear crome peice?

If some one can send us the rear crome peice we will see if we can make Cf replacement .

tony

I'm already sending Topshop my gas cover so I'll send that refector as well...

no need to have you waste your money on shipping, let me do it. Plus I'll just donate it - no need to send it back and they can investigate on how to replace or eliminate the chrome strip on my reflector.

I have been going for two hours now and Im tired and its late. This is what I got tonight I have tried making the center meet the plate mount @ the same width and its too cumbersome. I got a little smaller here. What ford did with the circle seem to be the best aesthetical..sadly I know.

This is my Idea which is not shown but ill try to work on it. Have it go over the chrome strip or replace. have the same oval inset, where one can place ford or svt logo. then instaed having the ends go to the end in a point (and stop an inch from the edge) have the end the same thickness as we want the "tail-lids" so that way it all blends together.

here is a the brainstorm for the night.. Ill work on the other tomorrow.

reareyelids4.jpg

reareyelids2copy.jpg

Happy Chopping!

actually I think that looks freaking amazing.... I know its just a chop but it actually looks a million times cleaner with that chrome eliminated.

Yeah if they could make the center dip wider so it visually splits the rear into two thick taillights and also had a cutout or molded inset for an oval it would be a cool idea. I believe you about it being hard to make the center wider tho, it's kind of an awkward area. It will probably also get expensive to make.

actually I think that looks freaking amazing.... I know its just a chop but it actually looks a million times cleaner with that chrome eliminated.

still dont look good it needs to be the same shape as the trim peice

Back