• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass Eyelids

I got mine last night, I was very impressed with the quality, and came in Black gel coat! First I thought they were cf, but nope. They are very nice for all of those waiting to buy or waiting on shipment.

I think peoples fitment problems are coming from possible non OEM lights. I have one light that the haze it little less, which in this case believe now that its AM. The light extends a bit more towards the grill and has a little different shape to the top. This would be the case with another cegr's light where he showed were a part of the lens was showing (towards the center of the light).

I dont want this to detour anyone from getting these. They are "Top" Notch and worth every penny.

I look forward to getting mine painted and stuck on. I will try to get some pics up of them in process and done, so you can see a possible solution to my fitment problem.

Thanks Crispy and Top Shop, TourEnvy

If it wasnt for the edges being white, someone with a black car could just throw them on bare. The finish is nice. However mines green, and the edges are white. :rolleyes:

Unboxing my eyelids

Unboxing my eyelids

If this is a repost for this thread, forgive me. I didn't see a post like this through all these pages. Basically - this is my unboxing of my fiberglass eyelids. I must say - I did not expect the black gelcoat etc, and the quality is excellent. I tried to get good pictures so you guys could see what they are like 'out the box'

The box :blackeye:
eye.JPG

How it came packaged in box:
eye1.JPG

Out of the bubblewrap: :eek:
eye2.JPG

close up of eyelids :shocked:
eye3.JPG

Oh, on a side note - since i buy a lot of mess off ebay - I was happy to see they were not gouging us on shipping - peep the shipping cost on my box :cool:

Hope this helps you guys out.

i got mine yesterday. cant say i was too impressed with the FG :( i wanted to just paint the edges, but i'll need to sand them down real good and paint them to get rid of all of the blemishes

i like the sleeper look. plus, all of the cf parts that are on my car were never made in FG. so all of ceg will already know its CF. i dont really like to be really noticeable in my car. i love the clean look

i like the sleeper look. plus, all of the cf parts that are on my car were never made in FG. so all of ceg will already know its CF. i dont really like to be really noticeable in my car. i love the clean look
nascar trunk+cowl hood+contour= very noticeable cf or not lol idk . One thing you might want to consider is if you ever want to get rid of the stuff you might have a hard time with it painted

i wont be getting rid of it any time soon. by the time i'll be able to afford a nicer car, i'll be years out of college.

So are these still available? I haven't been on in a while and just now saw the post. I read most of it but am still unclear if they are still up for grabs? I would like a cf set if they are. I can pay as soon as I know they are still available.

Back