• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ever tried the n1 muffler ebay special!

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
guys im just wondering if anyone on here has ever seen, heard, or used, the ebay special cans on a tour? they dont look to huge, and they are only $25 shipped! we ordered one and had it put on my friends 2.4 lancer and it actually sounds really throaty, 0 rasp. so i dunno im bored at work and just wondering if anyones tried them.

edit: another question, anyone ever tried twin loop mufflers?

i had a 3''in/4.5 out with full 3'' turbo back no resinator, just the can on my zx2 when it was boosted and running.

everone thought it was an evo when they heard it from a distance.

there not bad IMO

I've never seen someone post so many friggin' exhaust questions as S2Knott. :nonono:

Buy something, install it, shut up and be done with it already.

im never satisfied. i needed a new exhaust so i got the flows, and it sounded like :censored::censored::censored::censored:, added a resonator, still sounds like :censored::censored::censored::censored: just notas bad so i thought about ditching the mufflers and trying these.

Wow... So you think adding a fart can is going to make your car sound less like crap?

Congratulations sir, you have now become a part of my ignore list
icon_salute.gif

Last edited:
well ive heard it on a 4cly galant before and it sounded really deep, im just trying them out cause their cheap.

Why oh why:blackeye:

Why man...honestly just why:help:

I don't even know what to say honestly. I guess please don't do it. Look at the welds look at the insides. Oh man nvm its just soo bad:help:

My muffler was 50$, loaded with fiberglass dampening material and is built like a tank.

The car doesn't sound like a bumble bee either. So :crazy: to you guys.

so noones tried these damn things?

I did on my last exhaust setup that I built for my turbo 3L, but they were the "real deal" Apexi brand... lol. I liked them, they were free flowing and sounded great on my car. :shrug: I had mine in black chrome, and thought that they looked good too.

IMGP2656.jpg

After trying 2-flowmaster 2 chamber, 2-magnaflow round mufflers these Apexi N1's sounded the best to me. Deep, no drone or rasp....... just deep as hell. I could have gotten away with straight pipes because of the turbo, but the N1's simply made for a well refined, powerful sound on my car.

Back