• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alternator job times

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
Just pulled mine in 37 minutes. I was feeling pretty confident so timed myself. That includes taking off the mirko and jacking up the car and everything else between. Anyone else a pro?

Just pulled mine in 37 minutes. I was feeling pretty confident so timed myself. That includes taking off the mirko and jacking up the car and everything else between. Anyone else a pro?
ROTFL. Is this, like your tenth time? :shrug:

And did you tie one hand behind your back? And blindfolded?
And if you didn't, why not? :laugh:

lol, Rawburt you beat me by 8 minutes. My best time to date is 45 minutes exactly. When you've done it 5 times you get really really good at it.

took me about two days, just working on and off, trying at the most difficult bolt to get out. Now I could do it in less than and hour and a half for sure just since the bolts have been broken loose

Which one do you consider the most difficult bolt, just out of curiousity.
And Jared, its another pepboys alt. I have a life time warranty so I might as well use them up. For the record I did have a OEM alternator in at one point and it went out like a month after the warranty was up, lol.

Which one do you consider the most difficult bolt, just out of curiousity.
And Jared, its another pepboys alt. I have a life time warranty so I might as well use them up. For the record I did have a OEM alternator in at one point and it went out like a month after the warranty was up, lol.

thats crap, I seriously dont understand why any companies cant manufacture a good alternator?

When Reebs and I were driving around trying to find one for my car we had to stop at like 4 different parts stores, 3 of them HAD my alternator in stock, 2 of the alternators failed the test RIGHT out of the box. Thats unacceptable, especially when someone is in a pinch. I mean, what if I hadn't had those alternators tested? I would have gone back to Reeb's place, replaced the alternator, and it wouldnt have done anything.

I also have a pep boys one, been good luck so far, no battery light ever, but if it comes on then I have to drive 30 minutes to get another alternator because the closest pep boys to me is in farmington hills.

i got a bosch alt. from murry's, its working perfectly so far, lifetime warrenty too.

Pulled my old alt, and installed a brand new motocraft in under 5 minutes... Todd was witness :shrug:

Nah, it was easier to pull it to install the new alt, valve covers, headers, starter.... :eek:

Back