• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Cover Announcement!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The color will become darker once you apply resin to the part.
Not by much but you will notice it,
Thanks
Justin B

Received mine over here in the UK. Top job lads, it really is spot on. Can't wait to add it to my newly rebuilt engine. I'll post pics up when the engine bay is finished

Thanks again !

I think I will be changing over to the red CF, but I'd like to see the finished product before I decide.

The red looks too bright right now but if it darkens up, I'll probably go for it.

Sounds good!
Should be pulling the first red cover this afternoon.I'll get some pictures and post them right away for everyone.

Here ya go,
I'll have the blue one by tommarow.
Thanks
Justin B
S5001504.jpg

S5001502.jpg

The kevlar fabric is just so soft that it sometimes leaves gaps. That is the only thing that we don't like about it, it's just hard to handle the stuff without messing up the weave. That and when you apply the vacuum to the mold it presses in and can stretch is as well.

For the most part the cover looks really good.
Thanks
Justin B

The engine cover could be hand laid and be much darker with less weave problems. But this is the first one we have done in carbon kevlar so future ones will be better.
Thanks
JustinB

Yea the red and black weave looks great. I bought I cargo cover a while back in the red and black weave. It looks even more amazing in person. Goes really good with the laser red color of my cougar. Now all I need is my headliner, door panels, and gas door done. Then I'll be sit...lol. Great work guys...I'll be sending payment out 2morrow..been busy and forgot to.

Yes, everyone dont' forget that the cut off date for payment and orders is FEB 6th!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back