• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EGL/WGL Lansing meet

EGL/WGL Lansing meet

• Hooters

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Hall of Fame Cafe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small Planet

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • BW3's

• Noon

• 1PM

• 2PM

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Different part of the day...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTMiG

CEG'er
Got some ideas for meeting places...need to establish a time too. This is for Saturday, 1/31/09. Some descriptions to help with the poll:

1. Hooters, South side of Lansing <1 mile from I-96
2. Hall of Fame Cafe, East Lansing, just off US-127 between 96 & 69. Great access and a very nice place...as long as you like MSU. Not ritzy, but definitely caters to those not broke.
3. Small Planet, 2.3 miles from #2, North side of East Lansing. Brand new place, caters to students. Known for the night life, supposed to be quiet in the afternoon.
4. BW3's, East Lansing (near campus). I throw this in there because it makes the perfect neutral gathering setting. Downside is parking...virtually NO free parking, several ramps and a surface lot to choose from, starting at $0.50/half hour.

Places 1-3 all have good parking while all 4 have good to decent access from the highway, and seem like the right environment for casual banter over snacks/soda/beer. This is a first for me, so pipe up if I left anything out. I'll give full directions from any direction once a spot is chosen.

gotta say hooters, I like the fact that it is close to the highway, has free parking, good food, and good eye candy! 2pm sounds good that way we can all eat lunch before we get there.

sorry I just see times of 2 pm and figured we would just be shooting the shiz for a couple hours then get supper there, who the hell eats lunch at 2pm anyways, I sure as hell don't.

That's my thought (on lunch)...I think the point was those with less cash available may choose to eat the meal at home and just do snack and/or beverage for the meet. Hooters, though they have enhanced food quality immensely in the past years, are not at the top of the scale of value eateries. Gotta pay for the ambiance somehow...:laugh:

Oh and Roger...I do hereby solemnly swear to bring a camera to this one.:p:laugh:

Edit: Well I guess my thoughts were wrong (re: ronssvt's reply). Oh well, I don't care...as long as everybody's reasonably accomodated.

Im just saying if were gonna do lunch maybe we should get there around noon, thats a pretty normal lunch time not 2 pm, see what I mean?

gotcha, sorry I never attended a campus college that does that, but then again my eating times are all messed up, besides I can eat at pretty much anytime of the day.

Just cause people 'normally' eat lunch at noon doesn't mean we can't eat later? I think more people would be able to make it later than noon. Just have a snack. Heck, at christmas my family eats dinner at 3-4 so people don't have to stay all night after.

Considering that I'll probably wake up some time between 10:00 and 11:00, 1:00 or 2:00 sounds good to me. That way we can, eat, drink, hang out, and maybe drive home before it gets dark. You people have these stupid things up here called "deer" that like to wander after dark. :laugh:

"you people" who you calling "you people"....

j/k lol

seriously I don't give an f when we eat I just wanna have fun.

"point of parliamentary procedure"

Small Planet is NOT new.

It started life where El Az is today. At that time, El Az was under the Riv next to Pinball Pete's. Small Planet was a great place to meet hot intellectuals with 'a certain morally casual attitude'; not quite jazzy, not quite beatnik but always educational in the adult arena. Small Planet moved in the early 90's into the old America's Cup Location above B'zaar. All that remains of B'Zarr are some fuzzy memories and more than a few, I'm sure, illegitimate children of loose sorority bimbo's. I miss the 80's.

History class dismissed for the day.

Considering that I'll probably wake up some time between 10:00 and 11:00, 1:00 or 2:00 sounds good to me. That way we can, eat, drink, hang out, and maybe drive home before it gets dark. You people have these stupid things up here called "deer" that like to wander after dark. :laugh:

thats exactly what i was thinking, looks like hooters is winning too?

Hooters food in Lansing has got better. Lots of room to park a group. I will try to show.

Back