• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Des Moines

XKontour98

Hard-core CEG'er
We were visiting some friends down in Des Moines and while there I happened to spot a silver tour with an AA rear bumper, not sure of anything else as all I saw was the rear end as we were leaving the adjacent lot. It was at the Stivers Ford dealer.....Any one on here?

I live in Des Moines (Metro area anyway), not familiar with that car though

so basically I'm of no help :nonono:

I haven't seen that one cruising around. For the most part I've only ever seen a small handful of SVT's running around down here. Mine has been parked for close to 2 years so it's not like I've got something to run them down with.

Rick

I haven't seen that one cruising around. For the most part I've only ever seen a small handful of SVT's running around down here. Mine has been parked for close to 2 years so it's not like I've got something to run them down with.

Rick

Holy crap, out come the old folks :laugh:

Not sure, I am not familiar with Des Moines at all.... I did catch the name so I could post about it though ;)

Maybe it's that guys SVT that spun a bearing in the CI forum....

I miss being in Des Moines....:nonono: Wish I had watched the forums more closely when I was there, hated sending my 95 GL to Trails End....

What's new out that way. I think I saw the 7 yr I-235 nightmare is almost over....

There's and SVT for Sale in Ankeny (Just North of Des Moines). The guy wants $4250 for it. I test drove it, the car is sound. The interior is only good for it's age. Finish is nice, black. Only SVT that I've seen around.

Heh, it might be...... ;)

There's actually a small picture of it floating around the forums. I posted it probably 3-4 months ago.

Rick

yeah I remember that pic, but I thought it was only of the base coats ... was waiting to see a completed pic

Not sure, I am not familiar with Des Moines at all.... I did catch the name so I could post about it though ;)

Maybe it's that guys SVT that spun a bearing in the CI forum....

Nope, it's sitting at the mechanic's place just outside of Ames. My exterior is stock minus exhaust tips and clear corners.

Last edited:
Since when did you live in IA LOL :crazy: And most contours do look slow next to yours :laugh:
Since about a month or two now. :shocked:

Actually I bet my Contour looks slow. It looks pretty much bone stock sitting by itself. That's my favorite part.
Now when next to another one you can tell the brakes are not stock and it has different exhaust tips. Then maybe you'll notice it has no badging and is dingless. Then you'll see the nice new dent in the hood I got thanks to an idiot truck driver and the falling metal from his tailgate. :mad: Anyway....

Since about a month or two now. :shocked:

Actually I bet my Contour looks slow. It looks pretty much bone stock sitting by itself. That's my favorite part.
Now when next to another one you can tell the brakes are not stock and it has different exhaust tips. Then maybe you'll notice it has no badging and is dingless. Then you'll see the nice new dent in the hood I got thanks to an idiot truck driver and the falling metal from his tailgate. :mad: Anyway....

Well if you see mine you will know....and laugh. Oh yeah, sorry you are in IA.

Last edited:
Back