• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aight SoCal - It's meet time.

I would love to meet up. However, my girlfriend is still a little mad at me for buying that salavge car :( so I won't even ask her if I can go. Unfortunately, I am out this time :)

please, do come. john would love to have a face to face with you regarding that contour :laugh:

OK Steve, good enough for me. Decker Canyon it is. I'll go to the Marina/Venice sometime in the next week and start scouting starting points. I'm also seeing John tomorrow, so I'll talk to him too.

31st is out for me. and id really like to go....

maybe on the last sunday of April, the 29th. we could all meet at the Calabasses GTG and cruise from there. that would be the perfect starting point and its right ON mullhulland hwy.

and i just the 29th cuz that's the BIG day. they also meet every sunday as well, but nowhere near as big.

my daughters bday party was supposed to be on the 31st but due to a death in the family this week, it will be pushed to the 7th. doubt id be able to do both. if you can, push it to the next week cuz i was planning on inviting a few peeps im sure would actually show up.

Ok, lets do this this way then. Who's in for the 7th, and who's the 14th better for? List below.

7th

14th
1.SVT4STV

I'm gonna be out for both dates now. I was kinda pumped for this but somethings come up on the 7th now. Hope you guys have fun and I'll have to make the next one.

Matty,

I think you mean Decker Canyon to Mulholland Highway to Westlake Boulevard. That is the southern end of 23. That was the route from a few years ago. Malibu canyon (Las Vergines) has too much traffic and is heavily patrolled.

Alternatively to John's place for a BBQ there are plenty of parks in Thousand Oaks.

Theres the TO meet locker and theres a park right around the corner

There is also Conejo Creek North (behind the main library) where there are three pavilions. The smallest one, Willows Bend, would be ideal. We could take a chance and see if it available at the time or someone could reserve it ahead (some sort of fee is involved for a reservation). The pavilions include BBQ facilities as well as large sinks for cleaning up. Its a beautiful park and easy to get to. Thousand Oaks is full of great parks. Dover and Hendrix, Acorn Acres, Borchard, Triunfo, Old Meadows, and more.

John's place would be cool, but these parks offer more space. Going to a park would not preclude John from joining us. John's presence would be a great asset for the meet.

Hi guys I moved out here to north county SD and brought my csvt with me. I would like to meet up with you guys but I can't tell what day you have decided on. Let me know when and where and I should be there.

It's going to be the 14th, meeting in Marina Del Rey.

We ARE going to do the BBQ at John's place, as he'd like to have it, and parks+summer= no room at the inn. I'll set up times and specific addresses as soon as I can.

I don't know if i could go. I haven't git my work schedule yet plus i need new tires something fierce

what size tires do you need? stocks? i just picked up some damn good condition 16s that i can let you have for cheap. Michelin Pilots!

btw, if i have them in time, im going to have a new product that i think y'all will be verrrry interested in. so bring yer cash, cuz ill be hooking it up fer one night only! argghh!

btw, if i have them in time, im going to have a new product that i think y'all will be verrrry interested in. so bring yer cash, cuz ill be hooking it up fer one night only! argghh!

hmmmmmm?????

i;ll try to see if joey can send me a turbo so i can bring it along with me to the meet in a box :crazy:

Got new tires

Got new tires

I got new tires today. By the way the America's tire on TO Blvd is awsome. 2 Kumho Ecsta ASX's installed for $179. Now we'll see if I have to work

UPDATE:

The meet is, of course, still on for next Saturday. The meeting time will be high noon, place TBD shortly. Apologies on dragging my feet, I've been very busy.... taking my tranny out.... again....

EDIT: The meeting place is 4350 Lincoln Boulevard Marina del Rey CA 90292 . It used to be a FedEx Kinko's, right now it's nothing. So, big open lot. As a bonus, if you come down the 90 until it ends, you'll just have to turn right, and make a right directly into the lot. If the lot's closed for some reason, turn right on the next street (Maxella), and into the lot on your right (there's a DSW, and there used to be a Tower Records). Stay in the far right region of the lot, the further down you go on Maxella, there's more stuff and less parking (particularly near the Barnes and Noble).

Officially in:
1)Matteekay (even if I'm rollerblading... which I probably will be)

Last edited:
Back