• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT Exhaust

Do you have rasp when it's cold?
I ended up with cold rasp when I dropped the cat, (no surprise there), but I was drone/rasp free before that, and very happy with the sound at all times. Once I get a cat back in there, I'll be gravy again.

I ended up with cold rasp when I dropped the cat, (no surprise there), but I was drone/rasp free before that, and very happy with the sound at all times. Once I get a cat back in there, I'll be gravy again.

i had gutted manifolds, gutted main cat, and a glasspack then stock mufflers. very little drone or rasp. swapped to headers and the rasp and drone were insane. Added a small highflow cat and it still is there, especially when cold

i had gutted manifolds, gutted main cat, and a glasspack then stock mufflers. very little drone or rasp. swapped to headers and the rasp and drone were insane. Added a small highflow cat and it still is there, especially when cold
Mine isn't bad at all, but I have been tossing around the idea of modifying my y-pipe. I'm convinced the horrible merge is largely responsible for the rasp. I'd rather fix the problem than bandaid it with a cat but I'm still not sure which route I'm going to end up taking.

WHy don't you put the resonator up really close after the y-pipe and give that a try. It worked for me when i had rasp.

Why havn't you gotten rid of this system and go true duals and call it a day.:shrug:

Once i went true duals...man i had zero cats...headers...2 magnaflow resonators 22inch...then 2 magnaflow can style resonators in the rear.

no rasp....it was loud at wot...everyone at SZ heard it. It did have drone at 2,700-3,400 rpms:blackeye:.

All that is fixed with zero drone and zero rasp..its as quiet as my stock exhaust and man i couldn't be happier. Best thing i ahve done to date by getting rid of that stock quasi setup:nonono:

Mine isn't bad at all, but I have been tossing around the idea of modifying my y-pipe. I'm convinced the horrible merge is largely responsible for the rasp. I'd rather fix the problem than bandaid it with a cat but I'm still not sure which route I'm going to end up taking.

mine has a optimized y-pipe. it actually goes a little beyond the norm, as i cut the flange off all together and put a flexpipe right after the merge.

Well rasp starts from the heads,cam,valves,timing etc. It will always be there...but we can fix it with some good tuning IMHO. Also i agree the y-pipe contributes to the rasp even more. But i think our main culprit is the rear bank....which goes back to tuning issues. I really want to build an equal length y-pipe. and tune it for that. Well i would but i'm prepping for my 3L soon :)

WHy don't you put the resonator up really close after the y-pipe and give that a try.
I want to keep it as far back in the tunnel as possible to at least delay burning up the mesh. I'll keep your recommendation in mind, but it's a last resort for me.

Why havn't you gotten rid of this system and go true duals and call it a day.:shrug:
Two reasons... money and time. I don't have enough of either right now to even think about true duals.

mine has a optimized y-pipe.
Gotcha. I've got the SHM pipe on mine and even though I tried to smooth the inside of the bend some, the angle of the merge is much sharper than it should be and bank 1 just crashes right into the flow of bank 2.

Back