• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Condor III -- SkullV's 1998.5 CSVT

New PRT end links and EGR kit out for delivery!! Wheels will be here tomorrow but probably won't go on until Thursday. Also found a "like new" OEM passenger side headlight to match my "like new" driver side headlight. Not sure if I'm going to just install them as is or risk opening them up and doing a bi-xenon retrofit.

Only got one crappy cell phone pic. Washed the entire damn car after I installed the wheels on the other side and both my camera was dead and my damn cell phone died! What a night. In any case, appearance-wise the car is finally done. Going to drive on these wheels for a while and then then sandblast them and powdercoat them hyper silver!

d7f9ddce-53f3-4378-8616-cffa84a7345e_zps0a564ed2.jpg

You need pre-98 sail panels for that baby. LMK if you need a set, or grad them next time you're at the yard.

You need pre-98 sail panels for that baby. LMK if you need a set, or grad them next time you're at the yard.

I actually have a set sitting in my garage and just had the same idea last night. Hopefully they will go on this weekend.

I always preferred the 5-spoke FSVT wheels to the EAP ones, but for some reason the Silfro SVTs look really good with them. Car is looking great.

never saw tips that looked good on the csvt until i saw these magnaflows~! any AV clips of the car with the mf resonator installed?

never saw tips that looked good on the csvt until i saw these magnaflows~! any AV clips of the car with the mf resonator installed?

Thanks! I'll hopefully get a video next weekend. Getting a smoke test done tomorrow to find any remaining Vac leaks so I can take care of them. Already ordered UIM/LIM gaskets, injector o-rings, new plugs (apparently were not changed and whatever came in the junkyard motor were used), new plug wires, and new IMRC rod bushings.

Whether I keep the car or not, it's going to be 100% in every way before I'm done with it.

Thanks! I'll hopefully get a video next weekend. Getting a smoke test done tomorrow to find any remaining Vac leaks so I can take care of them. Already ordered UIM/LIM gaskets, injector o-rings, new plugs (apparently were not changed and whatever came in the junkyard motor were used), new plug wires, and new IMRC rod bushings.

Whether I keep the car or not, it's going to be 100% in every way before I'm done with it.

Personally I hope you keep it and I hope the bugs get worked out to so you can enjoy it. Something about this thing keeps me coming back to this thread, I think I'm waiting for some kind of closure or something.

Personally I hope you keep it and I hope the bugs get worked out to so you can enjoy it. Something about this thing keeps me coming back to this thread, I think I'm waiting for some kind of closure or something.

+1 to this

The bugs are pretty much all worked out at this point. There are only 2 things left to do total and that is all happening this weekend. Correct any remaining vacuum leaks and replace injector o-rings. Once it's all done and the car is 100% we'll see what happens. I have a couple feelers out for SVT Focus (Foci?) trades. The car is wonderful now, for the most part it drives great, runs great, everything is great, but every time I get in it, all I can think about is how this transaction went down

We shall see though, I would really hate to get rid of this car after all the work I have put into it.

Back