• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cold Cold January Meet Pics

gooner..easy on the ghetto vic stuff....it would make mincemeat of that little SVT of yours..hehe

hey everyone
just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out today. today was a lot of fun and was definitely a learning experience. it was great meeting all of you and i look forward to doing it again.

thanks again

still pushin' cold air?

still pushin' cold air?

hey after I left the meet did you folks finally decide to change the thermostat? I think I remember sayin' we should maybe just get one while its apart ...but anywho, what was the outcome?

No we didn't get one. I think we just ran a few diagnostic tests and discovered that coolant wasn't going through all the lines. The last thing I remember was that we all kind of agreed that there was a clog somewhere, probably from pieces of the original water pump. Only thing he can do is have the system pressure tested and try to force the clog out or find where it is and manually remove it.

Just throwing a little hijack in here for Rouar. Matt, this is the headlight I was talking about for the 20th Ann. Maxi Pad. :laugh:

NI2503133.jpg

heh, yeah I looked it up as soon as I got home! :) Actually found some photos of white 20th Anniv Maximas to compare to mine. They had a bit of bronze - almost looks like they were Hightowered from the factory. Look a lot meaner than what I've got (though I'm not certain I liked how they looked against the white cars).

I think he needs to get his subframe and tie rod ends fixed before he gets any of those, although they do look sick.
lol the lower tie bar and engine mount are fixed and the rust is gone (well in that area at least). Next up is suspension work (incl tie rod ends). Then I start saving for .. something. :ponder:

The factory HID lights are *the* most commonly stolen item off a Maxima (and one of the more common items off any unmodified car in America) because they're somehow easy to take off while the hood is down, and fetch a huge price on eBay. Suffice to say as nice as it would be, I'm going to put money toward other things first. ;)

Oh and Tony .. it's the Gluteus Maxima :eek: as my school friends dubbed it.

Last edited:
Big thanks to bob and his fam for letting us hang out. I had a really good time despite the really, really, ridiculously cold weather.

Also, maybe the svt focus is less weight than what I thought, but it's still about as fast as any standard duratec v6 from what I've been reading!

Dairdevyld, I saw you driving around by Up or On The Rocks later that night, then I saw you parked next to Aladdin's Pizza. Where were you? I went to NV(dead) then Blu.

Back