• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

clear reflector intrest check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the reason for the reflect in the first place...
1) A tiny orange reflector does crap during the day...If you can't see an entire car in the daylight, you are retarded and can't be fit to drive.
2) If its night time, and you are driving around with your headlights on, that makes my the car pretty freakin visible without a little orange reflector.
3) And dawn and dusk it doesn't help either, if it isn't light enough to see the car, lights should be on...

*sigh* just another waste of DOT requirements...

and if the car is parked?

and if the car is parked?

Are you saying your drive into parked cars without reflectors? :laugh: Thats like putting hazard tape on a road cone...Its already there for a reason, why double state its purpose! :laugh: If you can't see a car sitting in a parking lot, its your fault for hitting it, useless your parking in a field in the middle of no where. lol

But anyway...Good job yamaha! Keep us posted! :cool:

I'd be interested... as long as you change your sig from "Bassini exhuast" to "Bassani exhaust". :laugh:

Are you saying your drive into parked cars without reflectors? :laugh: Thats like putting hazard tape on a road cone...Its already there for a reason, why double state its purpose! :laugh: If you can't see a car sitting in a parking lot, its your fault for hitting it, useless your parking in a field in the middle of no where. lol

But anyway...Good job yamaha! Keep us posted! :cool:
There have been several times where I parallel parked in a dark residential area. When walking away I couldn't really see my car... and was concerned. If I didn't have any reflectors up front, then I would have been worrying about my car until I got back to it.

So yes... 99% of the time I wouldn't care less if I had the reflectors, but if someone ran into my car because I didn't have reflectors, then I would feel like a dumbass.

first one that i showed at carlise was a bit messy. few holes and bubbles. that and apprently dont put it on ice. it got destroyed. so v2.0 is tooling. so i should have a pic up by wendsday noon.

also id like to get a set number if possible so if you guys could start a list with ur sn and how many sets you would like

pictures!!!

pictures!!!

this was just a test/prototype. there are air bubbles and an edge missing. but i have worked out the kinks or so i hope. the pictures show the right side reflector. for the leftside i am trying a different mold, one that hopefully doesnt let any air bubbles form while setting up. pictures for that should be up by next week.

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

I don't understand the reason for the reflect in the first place...
1) A tiny orange reflector does crap during the day...If you can't see an entire car in the daylight, you are retarded and can't be fit to drive.
2) If its night time, and you are driving around with your headlights on, that makes my the car pretty freakin visible without a little orange reflector.
3) And dawn and dusk it doesn't help either, if it isn't light enough to see the car, lights should be on...

*sigh* just another waste of DOT requirements...

Over here there's only a few cars that have side reflectors/lights, and they're usually cars made for mulitple markets (i.e. some Japanese car that shares parts with a US model).

When it's dark and raining in a small village and someone decides to start pulling out from a intersection or driveway that is blinded by a building, you'll realize why the DOT made them mandatory (1968 I believe...).

Dark colored cars with headlights set back a bit from the front of the car are invisible in those situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back