• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

clear reflector intrest check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
who would be interested in a clear reflector piece for headlights. instead of not having one which means 3 ugly holes in the reflector housing. or leaving the orange one in which makes the high towering not look as good.

these would be made out of crystal clear resin and would look exactly like the stock ones but clear. i should have pictures by thursday.

cost would be around 10 shipped for a pair. and i would need about 10 people to do a batch.

let me know what you guys think

i would be in 100%. i failed NYS inspection last year because i had no reflector. i instead went to the JY, and smashed a couple nasty old headlights and took the reflector. clear would be great for future headlight projects

sounds good. except i dont think many would wanna go thru the baking process just to insert these things. i know as i sealed mine, i sighed in relief hoping never to open them again :). could be just me thinking lazy, sorry :crazy:.

I'm in. Pics of prototype would be great. Would it be clear or have the "rough" look?

Once I get this, then I can hightower the lights.

well once i remember to seal the new mold and wax it :crazy: ill have a prototype done.

it will look exactly like the original with the diamond pattern so it should be reflective. should be...

put me down for two sets

let me make sure i can sucessfully make the mold work. if they dont meet my standards(which are pretty high) then i wont make them. but i def should have pictures by monday. got set back because i am making two molds. 1 out of plaster and 1 out of rubber.

i would be in 100%. i failed NYS inspection last year because i had no reflector. i instead went to the JY, and smashed a couple nasty old headlights and took the reflector. clear would be great for future headlight projects

That sucks, I bet you could have cloudy a** headlights that barely light up the road ahead but they would pass. On the other hand you have crystal clear light but no reflector and fail.

I don't understand the reason for the reflect in the first place...
1) A tiny orange reflector does crap during the day...If you can't see an entire car in the daylight, you are retarded and can't be fit to drive.
2) If its night time, and you are driving around with your headlights on, that makes my the car pretty freakin visible without a little orange reflector.
3) And dawn and dusk it doesn't help either, if it isn't light enough to see the car, lights should be on...

*sigh* just another waste of DOT requirements...

but anyway, I would love to see a prototype!

I would be interested to not sure why nobody has thought of this before..or has someone? Now i just need projectors ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back