• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle All Ford Nationals: Camping

Ugh... so my brother might bail on me... He got a job and he thinks they'll not hire him if he takes a day off so soon, which is absurd but he hasn't had many jobs so I hope I talked him into at least asking his boss. So I may end up with a huge tent all to myself so if anyone needs some space. Or Scott if its still just you and Jeff, I may take you up on your offer and just eat the $45 down payment instead of paying the full amount. I'll know tomorrow night.

How ironic, Geoff is not sure whether he is working or not. He works construction, so he needs to take work when he can get it. Hopefully, I can talk him into going, but we'll have to see. What time were you heading out, Ryan?

I wanted to leave by 10 so I could get to the campsite right at check in time - 2:00. that way I can set up and head over to the show field

Assuming Geoff gets off for the wekend, I'll give you a call Thursday night, maybe we could meet up at teh same rest stop and head out together. Safety in numbers, LOL. :laugh:

How much is the place? I know there was a $45 deposit, but is it only $30 a night?

Well I guess there is no sense trying to figure out what I'll do until I know for sure if my brother is going.

I've had three different friends all bail on me, and all three of them seemed fairly interested in going. :shrug:

Oh well.

It will be just me, the hood scoop, and a box of missiles! :laugh:

Firelamissiles.jpg

I plan on leaving at 10. Figuring 4 hours drive time that should mean I get there just in time to check in.

Which way are you going, Scott? 70/76 or 68? I thought we took 76 last year but I don't remember. I know I went down into MD one year on the way there. Google maps says its only 20 min longer.

Also on the 70/76 route, whats the best way to get to the RV park? Maps says to go all the way past Carlisle then go down 81... hardly seems efficient. Unless of course we meet up along the way then I'll just follow you

How about we meet at the first rest stop past Monroeville like last year? Should make it easier for everyone, that is if you can keep up!!!:laugh:\\\\

J/K. We do take 76 most of the way, and I'll print up directions to the RV park, IIIRC we did take 81 for a short bit.

Leave Scott alone, the missle launcher keeps us safe from bears!!!!! :laugh:

BTW, nice pic Scott!!

I thought pirates could keep you safe from bears? :shrug:

Yes, great picture Scott!

to box of missles add one bottle of pirate's rum :laugh:

So whats the plan? Are you all going to the camp site first? I was planning on getting to carlisle by 11-12ish, and checking in, cause its always a mess the later it gets, not to mention its beautiful to be able to just drive on in saturday morning. :cool:

I might be leaving at about 8am and giving myself about 4 hours to get there. We'll discuss reasons when I arrive. :laugh:

Ryan and Scott PM your cells so I can get ahold of you guys! I lost your numbers when I broke my phone lol

Back