• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle All Ford Nationals: Camping

Sorry for the late entrance, been having shoulder issues, will be having surgery on 5/5, got lots to take care of before then. I will make a new thread with the place I am camping at, Called Western Village RV park, about 15 min from fairground. :cool:

You are slow, they already know where you are camping, I told them ;)

Oh no's, shoulder surgery. :( Give me a ring if you need any advice... been there, done that... four times. Good luck!

Update

Update

Ok, I reserved my iste at the Western Village RV park. They said if you want to get a spot by me, just make sure you mention my name when you register/reserve your spot. For those that don't know, my real name is Scott Brandt. They said only one tent per site, but as I recall, last year we had two in one spot and they didn't say anything. :shrug:

They also told Luca that there was a 2 night minimum, but I think that is BS too, as they said for her to call Fri. morning, and if they had spots left, she could do one night. Every other year there have been PLENTY of unused spaces left, so she should be fine. :cool:

Aww i can't be your cousin this year? :laugh:

I'll have to call tonight and make reservations. I'll keep you posted.

My brother is coming with me this year and I just called and got my campsite.

We should all plan to bring some food so we're not all bringing the same things. But I think a healthy supply of cheddar brats is in order :D

:laugh: Were we drinking before we went to Walmart last year to get more?

PS: Did not get to call in tonight to make reservation. Will be on this ASAP!

PPS: Don't forget we need to get an AC unit for our tent! I'll bring the duct tape to set it up!

Last edited:
Apparently Scott is very popular down at western village RV. :laugh: the woman who answered the phone already knew who you were.

I should be camping somewhere near you? Did telling me exactly how close or where. :shrug:

I warned the lady that two other people would be calling. :)

I was gonna grab stuff like hot dogs, cheddar brats, eggs, suasage, and some cold cuts for sandwiches. Probably some snacks, too, like chips and stuff. If you all want, we could each grab some stuff for the campsite. I'd rather make my own food than buy theirs, as it is probably kinda pricey. Let me know what you all want to do, then we can decide who will bring what.

if we are planning to cook at the tent I'll chip in to help pay for food as its kinda hard for me to bring anything with me.

yeah, I just realized the earlier posts were probably talking about food just for the campsite...we'll be bringing a cooler with drinks and some snacks, but looks like we will be on our own for food at the tent...:cry:

Yeah, I was talking about the campsite, but once folks are there at the fairgrounds, we could probably pool together some $$, run to the Walmart, and grab some burgers/hotdogs and other stuff to grill at fairgrounds. I don't have a grill, though, that will be the one thing someone would need to bring.

Back