• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

...I am not a fan of bigger cars. The Regal is about as big of a car as I would get. I think the SVT is about perfect sized in my book...

What about that big old Buick sitting at your dad's? That's no compact car.

It's funny you mention the size of the SVT -- it is about as small as I would care to go. I like a number of boats -- the Crown Victoria and Town Car among them. Something about a smooth ride and a big, boxy car with well defined corners brings a real sense of satisfaction to the behind the wheel experience. But, then, I love the Fox platform cars, and they're not big.

Are you familiar with the Joseph Abboud edition Regal GS? Great paint scheme and terrific seats.

Last edited:
Muscle cars are a different story. :cool: And that car hasn't been moved in years and years and years. But I still would like to do something with it, even though the body is almost beyond repair now. It would be interesting to drive a car like that, no power stearing, no power breaks, no ac....nothing but a big motor and a stearing wheel.

And I haven't heard of that Regal before....but it looks a lot like a vette. LOL

And does anyone know anything about an Autobahn Aurora? I can't seem to dig up too much dirt on them

Last edited:
Muscle cars are a different story. :cool: And that car hasn't been moved in years and years and years. But I still would like to do something with it, even though the body is almost beyond repair now. It would be interesting to drive a car like that, no power stearing, no power breaks, no ac....nothing but a big motor and a stearing wheel.

And I haven't heard of that Regal before....but it looks a lot like a vette. LOL

And does anyone know anything about an Autobahn Aurora? I can't seem to dig up too much dirt on them

You're right -- there's not a lot out there on it. Somehow I don't think it was a significant package. It seems that it eschewed the stock 3.48 gears for 3.71s. Would have been quicker from the snap, to be sure.

3auroras2.jpg

That is a big front wheel drive boat. Bet it runs down to the beach smooth as silk, though, eh?

I'm trying to stave off the car bug, but I would very much like to do a light project on a shoestring budget. I love the Ford Fox platform, and the first car to wear it, Fairmont. A crate 302 from Ford or a freshened up old unit without all of the restriction of the day would move that car well. I'd like to go so far as to pair it with a Borg Warner T5 and throw on some white letter tires. Talk about a sleeper. That beast would be the fastest thing you never saw coming. :cool: One is up for sale presently. Right colors, too.

c036_1.JPG

c1d3_1.JPG

so i was just reading on the DNT site that the moronic mayor is only planning on fixing about a mile of road this summer, yet they are doing a huge addition to the decc. and all of you know that when you visit duluth, you know how bad they are.

I just dont get how the politics work in this town. kind of like the state giving money for this Decc upgrade, but denied the money needed for the old sewer system that seems to flood the streets when we have a large rainfall.

it just doenst make sense :nonono:

so i was just reading on the DNT site that the moronic mayor is only planning on fixing about a mile of road this summer, yet they are doing a huge addition to the decc. and all of you know that when you visit duluth, you know how bad they are.

I just dont get how the politics work in this town. kind of like the state giving money for this Decc upgrade, but denied the money needed for the old sewer system that seems to flood the streets when we have a large rainfall.

it just doenst make sense :nonono:

tourism. Plain and simple. At least it is for them. But what those idiots don't realize is that most tourists don't visit the DECC. It isn't like Duluth has a pro team or a lot of major concerts going on there to attract tourists to it to warrent the upgrades. Sure, it would be nice to see it get upgraded BUT it doesn't NEED them. The sewer and roads need them. They are screwing the residents of the city to cateer to the tourists and their $.

Not only that but I have a feeling that all the people who make the choices for the city happen to live either on Park Point of the East end of town....where they have decent roads and sewers

tourism. Plain and simple. At least it is for them. But what those idiots don't realize is that most tourists don't visit the DECC. It isn't like Duluth has a pro team or a lot of major concerts going on there to attract tourists to it to warrent the upgrades. Sure, it would be nice to see it get upgraded BUT it doesn't NEED them. The sewer and roads need them. They are screwing the residents of the city to cateer to the tourists and their $.

Not only that but I have a feeling that all the people who make the choices for the city happen to live either on Park Point of the East end of town....where they have decent roads and sewers

yep. and i understand without money, nothing will get done, but the roads here are rediculious. the roads in lake side arent much better than anywhere else either.

unfourtunatly, the town has been losing jobs here becasue if the hassle you must go through to get a permit for anything. want to open up a new business? you'll be waiting at least a month, with inspectors and paperwork and yada yada yada. it is no wonder places like fargo are growing so rapidly. they have streamlined the work to get those permits. Duluth being a democratic town for so long (im not democrat or republican, so no flaming) that they feel they must have their finger in every little thing that goes on.

perfect example: KFC in west duluth was getting old, so the owner wanted to rebuild it on the same lot. you'd think it would go pretty smoothly. not. there use to be a rail road that ran through that area, and when they were excavating the site, they came across some of the old footings ot rail ties. instead of just removing them, the city made them spend buttloads of money to have them examined, tested and a bunch of other stuff that totaled 10's of thousands of $$ later, all becasue of a few rail road ties.

why the city had to send out inspectors for a month is beyond me. When i was working for the paper, i talked to lots of business owners and the publisher. the publisher came from fargo, and talking with business people, alot just give up on duluth becasue the the BS you have to go through dealing with the city for anything.

Duluth could be a really nice city. it has a location to die for, being right on the lake, but the local government needs to be completly gutted and rethought out.

i'll tell you this. if i do settle in Duluth, I'll be living in Hermantown or Proctor. I dont want to have to deal with the crap of Duluth.

edit: (wow, that was a big rant)

Why did the wild turkey cross the road?

To get a refill! Ba-dum-dum! (groan)

80-proof-wild-turkey.jpg

Try the veal. Tip your waitress.

Back