• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can you beat this?

Yeah, I'm sure if I ever get pulled over, I will.

well be pro-active so that doesn't happen. why pay a fine or worse when you can do it yourself? and yes I do speed often and get annoyed with people that are driving slower then I want to go infront of me too...

well be pro-active so that doesn't happen. why pay a fine or worse when you can do it yourself? and yes I do speed often and get annoyed with people that are driving slower then I want to go infront of me too...

I try to be proactive, it's not like I go crazy fast. I like to go a speed which a cop won't bother pulling me over. Yesterday a trooper was sitting on the side of the road and I didn't slow down and he didn't care. As far as this gas mileage conversation as a whole, this article explains my view the best!

http://www.autoextremist.com/road-kill1/?currentPage=3

If they're doing 45, they ARE in the way. If i can't get around them, there will be pushing involved. I mean...come on:rolleyes:. Sure it's fun the conserve gas, but not on the highway or interstate.

But the highway and interstate are where you can and should conserve the most gas. On my regular trip to and from the main campus I usually drive 65-70 while people pass me doing 75-80 only to have me catch up at a redlight in town. You cant tell me thats not wasteful on their part when I made the same trip in the same time using less fuel and getting just as much time to sing with the radio.

As for pushing being involved I hope its once the cars come to a stop where I can have an excuse to beat someone down and not on the road where the SVT bumpers are likely to fall off and skid down the road. :(

or just get one of these...

moveoverbanner.jpg

But the highway and interstate are where you can and should conserve the most gas. On my regular trip to and from the main campus I usually drive 65-70 while people pass me doing 75-80 only to have me catch up at a redlight in town. You cant tell me thats not wasteful on their part when I made the same trip in the same time using less fuel and getting just as much time to sing with the radio.

As for pushing being involved I hope its once the cars come to a stop where I can have an excuse to beat someone down and not on the road where the SVT bumpers are likely to fall off and skid down the road. :(

I'm not talking about doing 65-70, I'm talking about 45!

Obviously I'm not physically pushing anyone, just letting them know that I want to get around their slow a$$. I know how hard it's getting to find good svt bumpers! I'm not going to trash mine!

I need one of those! I don't drive so fast anymore, but it really used to piss me off when I would come up behind people at significant speeds when they were in the left lane going the speed limit or less.

That is amazing, I would so put that on my car... Probably should not pull up behind a cop with that though :laugh:

luv the picture too. always wanted it as an avatar or signature, but that isnt allowed on here. oh, and i would so pull up behind a cop with it if he's going too slow. sure i'll get a ticket for staying too close, but am sure he'd never forget. besides, the first ammendment lets me put that on my car.

Obviously I'm not physically pushing anyone, just letting them know that I want to get around their slow a$$.

So get in the left lane and go around? The only time you'll see a minimum number is when there is another lane for folks wanting to go faster while passing.

Thats what I've been wondering! The only time you'll see a posted minimum speed is when you'd have an open passing lane so why would someone be an asshole unless the person was doing that speed in the left lane.

Thats what I've been wondering! The only time you'll see a posted minimum speed is when you'd have an open passing lane so why would someone be an asshole unless the person was doing that speed in the left lane.

I'm done hyjacking this thread...no sense in explaining something to someone who will never get it!

I'm done hyjacking this thread...no sense in explaining something to someone who will never get it!

You're right. I'll never understand road rage. But on the other hand I do wonder why old people drive so slow sometimes (not you Reebs!).

Best I've done was 31mpg going to SZ07 and that was with my current setup minus the SCT-PRP and WR y-pipe

OK, I'm waiting on an update on Reeb's next tank of gas. I'm guessing he gets around 250 miles on that tank. These things have a way of evening out.

Just a thought here, but isn't running the car completely out of gas, a good way to kill the fuel pump? :shrug:

Back