• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

• Yes! I want both front and rear conversion kits to 300/280mm

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the front FSVT 300mm kit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the rear SVT 280mm kit

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Interested but I can't do the work myself

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Interested but I won't buy because it looks too difficult

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update! :cool: I think we all agree that we would rather have something right than something rushed.

Thanks for the update! :cool: I think we all agree that we would rather have something right than something rushed.

No problem. More info: I just got done reviewing the revised print for the front bracket and it looks to be good. I will get a new one here by Friday and get the green light if the bracket looks like the print.
If all is well, I will begin to take deposits.
I'll expect the people on the list to put down 50% of the kit cost just like the last group buy and then I'll order all the materials.
It should take about two weeks from when I order to when I receive the stuff and I'll begin packaging and shipping.
So hopefully soon.

By the way: I have pulled the product from the Nautilus website for now because people continue to pay through paypal before the group buy is done and before I have product in stock. I will satisfy those orders as soon as these brackets prove out and ship them ahead of the the group buy because Paypal requires me to ship within seven days, maximum of twenty days before they start giving me grief! :mad: I've been getting nasty-grams from them about the first set that was paid for already.
So therefore, no one else may pay through paypal until I have the 100% go ahead on all the materials.
So the advantage is that I may be shipping theirs out next week, but they are paying the website pricing which had shipping added, as was noted before.

No problem. More info: I just got done reviewing the revised print for the front bracket and it looks to be good. I will get a new one here by Friday and get the green light if the bracket looks like the print.
If all is well, I will begin to take deposits.
I'll expect the people on the list to put down 50% of the kit cost just like the last group buy and then I'll order all the materials.
It should take about two weeks from when I order to when I receive the stuff and I'll begin packaging and shipping.
So hopefully soon.

Sounds good, so by Friday we should be getting ready to put down our 50% deposit in case you have the green light? :)

Rears
1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Allstyle12
4. Todras

Both front and rears
1. Redlineracer12
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
6. Blackfoot
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC
10. CA SVT Driver

CA SVT Driver
2000 T. Red CSVT

Gotta pull myself off the list, dont know if im keeping the contour anymore.

I already have my new front FSVT rotors for this conversion. I noted that on the FSVT set that the rotor disk is offset from the hub face by 20mm. On the CSVT, this measurement is about 30mm. Is this part of difference compensated by the kit, or do I have the incorrect rotors?

I already have my new front FSVT rotors for this conversion. I noted that on the FSVT set that the rotor disk is offset from the hub face by 20mm. On the CSVT, this measurement is about 30mm. Is this part of difference compensated by the kit, or do I have the incorrect rotors?
No worries. The kit compensates for the rotor offset.
:cool:

I expect the new front brackets in by Friday so check back to see if they are a "Go" because if they are I'll open up for deposits.

I will have you guys use my paypal address like before for deposits to avoid issues with the business account.

Brackets are good! Taking payment now

Brackets are good! Taking payment now

Okay, the front brackets match up to the prints finally! We have reduced the physical size of the front bracket to save some weight, probably around 15% lighter but still left it in 1/2" plate for strength. The rears will be identical to the last time with 3/8" plate.
This is the list I'm tracking and I will begin to take payment now. The group buy will run exactly as before with the exception that I am not going to eat the paypal fees this time.
For group-buy people the rears are running $145 +2.9% = $149.00 we'll round down.
For both it was $295 +2.9% = $303, again rounding down. Your shipping charges will be included.
Your delivery will remain in list order as shown below except for the following case: If you cannot pay in full and only put down a deposit, then someone below you who pays in full moves up to your spot and you move down one. That's the way it will work until all payments are done. You must put down some sort of a deposit to hold onto your set and you will have 30 days from the day I begin shipping to pay off the remainder.
For those with deposits: 50% down now and the rest due prior to shipping.
As soon as I get the money together I will order the brackets, spacers, and accompanying hardware. Last time it took about 2.5 weeks from the time I ordered to get everything in and then I shipped them within one week. Therefore if I have enough money in by Monday I'll place the orders and approximately 2-3 weeks later I'll be shipping.

Rear Only

1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Allstyle12
4. Todras

Both front and rears
1. Redlineracer12
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
6. Blackfoot
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC
10. CA SVT Driver
11. 2000 T. Red CSVT

Oh, and for payment:

Due to issues with the business paypal right now and the fact that I am not technically stocking this as a nautilus item until the group buy is successfully closed....pay all monies to jebrant@charter.net through paypal. I also forgot to add that if something should happen to where I cannot deliver your product and it is My fault, I will fully refund all you money including any paypal fees. If something happens and you cannot pay for the rest of your order, you need to sell it to someone else because your deposit goes towards helping to pay off all the materials. You can get someone to pay you your half, and then if they want the kit they will pay me the other half.
This is nothing new and is exactly the same way the group buy was run last time. All newcomers are welcome to join the list and pay up till the day I close the group buy.

Thanks.

Rear Only
1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Todras

Both front and rears
1. Redlineracer12
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
6. Blackfoot
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC
10. CA SVT Driver
11. 2000 T. Red CSVT

Unfortunately, I will have to remove myself from the list at this time. :cry:

Rear Only
1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Todras

Both front and rears
1. Redlineracer12 --Deposit Made!
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
6. Blackfoot --Deposit Made!
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC
10. CA SVT Driver
11. 2000 T. Red CSVT

Rear Only
1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Todras
4. SVT SNOB--- Paid In Full !

Both front and rears
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC
10. CA SVT Driver
11. 2000 T. Red CSVT

Rear Only
1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Todras

Both front and rears
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC
10. CA SVT Driver - Paid in Full!!

CA SVT DRIVER

Rear Only
1. OB1
2. SF-SVT
3. Todras

Both front and rears
2. Blast47
3. Frosty
4. Needmorespeed
5. 99CSVT#78
7. T-Red 98
8. SoopaCooga
9. 98SVTC -- Paid in Full --
10. CA SVT Driver - Paid in Full!!

CA SVT DRIVER

Ten Characters

Are the costs the same ($295 + 2.9% = $303) for orders being shipped to Canada??

You know what, why not. lol
I'm not trying to gouge anyone, if it is more then we won't worry about it.

Hey, if any of you want to avoid that 2.9% then you are welcome to send a check or money order but I won't ship until it has cleared.
If you need to do that just PM me.

Oh and some of you are pm'ing me to match your order name with your screen name, THANKS! makes it easier for me to track you down to update the group buy stats. If you guys just write it on your paypal or include it with a check then that would also work.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back