• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blu's 1995 Contour SE 3L build thread

Read it - lots of good info there. I would say it is a "must read" for porting and 3L swaps if it is your first time. Hats off to him.

I just figured out that I am in this for about $2,100 thus far with these things including the delivery prices:
-almost new napa starter ($60)
-almost new motorcraft alternator ($90)
-New ford ac compressor(ebay $50), almost new condensor($10), and almost new drier(free, parts car)
-New svt clutch, pp, and TOB ($220)
-resurfaced svt flywheel ($40)
-2005 18k mile 3L delivered ($360 bay auto parts)
-bugzukie plates ($35)
-Livin built pre98 trans delivered (bartered: cash $235 labor+shipped, used 13" wilwood kit, and powder coating)
-new gaskets ($100ish)
-newly rebuilt 13" baer front kit with rotors ($500)
-New NPG rear kit with new rotors (bartered for powder coating)
-almost new e-brake cables (free, parts car)
-New MSDS headers (bartered for a mirko that I got for free ;))
-mil eliminators ($50)
-'01 cougar mount ($23)
-New DMD ($20)
-New stainless brake lines ($80)

Total= $1837
And I figured about $300 worth of powder coating. :) So, about $2173..... It is good to know such nice people here on CEG!

I still have to subtract parts I have/am selling off the 3L that I won't be using. AND the recycling scrap price of the old motor and heads :)

I just figured out that I am in this for about $2,100 thus far with these things including the delivery prices:
-new starter
-new alternator
-new ac compressor, condensor, and drier
-new svt clutch, pp, and TOB
-svt flywheel
-18k mile 3L delivered
-bugzukie plates
-Livin built pre98 trans delivered
-new gaskets
-13" baer front kit
-NPG rear kit
-e-brake cables
-MSDS headers
-mil eliminators
-'01 cougar mount
-DMD
-stainless brake lines

Sounds cheap for what you've all got on that list.

NO FRIGGN WAY! unless those are SERIOUSLY DISCOUNTED used parts, its impossible to get all that for that price including shipping. the first 3 on that list should get you to a grand. sumthn u wanna tell us blufuz? ;)

I know people ;)

I bartered a lot of stuff for these things too and some parts are "almost" new, so for convenience of me I just put new :)

Look at the list again, I fixed it

P.S. I am a scavanger

I know people ;)

I bartered a lot of stuff for these things too and some parts are "almost" new, so for convenience of me I just put new :)

Look at the list again, I fixed it

P.S. I am a scavanger

Well can you work your magic and help me out with my build too:laugh:

I usually don't buy things unless they are a killer deal. I have only been "taken" bad twice in my life that I can remember:

1. Water treatment system for my house $5k :nonono: worst thing I have ever bought.(this whole deal pisses me off every time I see the bill for the month even though it adds value to the house I guess)
2. Bought a '03 Impala in '06 that depreciated $4k in 1 year so I am upside down about $4k (this happens to a lot of people so I don't feel so bad about it)

I can't really pass my deal finding abilities on to someone else's project because it takes silly amounts of time to invest to find these deals. Good thing for internet at work huh :laugh: :D

Finally, picture time!
This is the oil pump and the pieces of steel shot blast that scored the pump gears all to heck:
newpics134.jpg

newpics135.jpg

newpics136.jpg

newpics137.jpg

newpics138.jpg

newpics139.jpg

newpics140.jpg

These pieces were in the pickup screen:
They were all plastic pieces and the two pieces on the left are like rubbery parts of gasket maker.:shrug:
newpics143.jpg

My 2.5L pulse wheel looks nothing like anyone elses that I have seen yet.... all the other ones have the teeth of the wheel bent over :shrug:
newpics145.jpg

newpics147.jpg

newpics148.jpg

New rear head replaced 7 years ago:
newpics159.jpg

Original front head:
newpics160.jpg

How the heck do I get whatever this is off the old trans? I took all the bolts out, but it only wiggles around.
newpics155.jpg

newpics156.jpg

Joe you slide the rod back thats on the side of the trans. You might here a light pop, than you can remove that assembly. It has a long rod that is attached to the shift linkage.

Do I need that part or is there going to be one on the trans you are sending me? :)

Parts pics:
newpics165.jpg

newpics164.jpg

newpics163.jpg

newpics162.jpg

newpics161.jpg

Very cool Joe! Dang, that starter has corrosion on it already! Friggen remans! LOL. J/k my new starter is a reman too, but it was really clean. Let me know if you want a hand working on any of that stuff or any advice. I am just about ready to fire mine up if I could ever get the stupid pass. side ball joint back in :mad: I'm giving it another shot tonight, so we'll see how it goes.

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:! You are ready to fire it up! - I can't wait for that..... good luck man. It is actually not corossion, it brushes off with your hand, but reman starters are ok......

Back