• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dual exaust tips like the M3?

SVTLAY

CEG'er
Was wondering if anybody has tried to put the dual tips on each pipe on an svt contour like the m3? I really like that idea but not sure if it can be done. Would like to see pics if it has been done. Searched but found nothing.

Yes been done. Changs old car just sold in the classifieds as a matter of fact. Exhaust cutouts had to be widened to fit the tips iirc. Ill see if I can dig up some pics.

Last edited:
do you mean just quad tips or with the tips more towards the center of the car?

i remember seening some guys on the taurus site with dual m3 pipes, but they were the full tailpipes and they came out more towards the center of the car.

Here we go. Straight from Chang's svt/sho society website.

tru-dual.jpg

Last edited:
I never seen changs old car like that. Only seen it with the middle part taken off. Kool looks much better like that IMHO.:shrug:

- amyn

IMO it makes the rear look way too busy. Keep it simple with 2 outlets :shrug:

Those tips are huge though. I think it may look good with smaller tips and the rear valence still in place. Has anyone else done this?

Those tips are huge though. I think it may look good with smaller tips and the rear valence still in place. Has anyone else done this?

For some reason, I seem to recall some guy did it with the ricer mufflers below. Maybe they were only single tips. Either way, it would look like garbage.

14801sm.jpg

The hard part is going to be finding a muffler that can actually fit in there, and I think youll be hard pressed to find any. If you want to modify the rear valence like Steve did, than the possibilities are endless.

I had quad tips on my SE, but don't have any pics of it. I also have an M3 rear bumper I plan to one day some custom cutting and molding with, but that's a long ways off. This is something I've thought about and wanted to do for a long time.

Back