• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blueberries...

hey guys thanx alot ithought i was gonna get totally bashed i will actually have something else blue on the car its small and simple but il post pics when i get it. and yeah il post some side pics later.

glad you listened to me and put the pics up? i knew some people would dig it

I agree...my wife would wail all over him for going with blue and black...god knows if I try it with pants and a shirt I don't hear the end LOL!!!

I think the biggest issue is the blue on black combo. I like blue accents myself, and the wheels themselves actually look really good in my opinion, but I don't think the blue works well on a black car. Props though for going out and doing it, you got more guts than a lot of people.

I like it....I was just looking at threads of a scooby cruise they had in San Antonio

Black WRX with blueberries I was like I have never seen that before...now I have seen it twice and one night and it looks decent.

It doesn't fit the otherwise monochromatic scheme of the car. It's like a lady in a little black dress with some big lapis lazuli beads instead of diamonds or pearls.

not bad. what would look sweet would be to get the car repainted black with that color blue flake to reflect in the sun. i have a friend here who has the nighthawk black on his acura with bark blue wheels and it looks awesome when the sun hits the paint and you can see the blue flake match the wheels

Maybe blue hightowers and blue painted badges would look good?:shrug:

Don't flame me. It's just an idea.

And an aweful idea at that. The wheels themselves look well done, but they stick out like a sore thumb on that car. The ONLY way I see those wheels working, is if the car was painted to match. Even then, the color is a little too obnoxious for me.

Mark

i wonder what they would look like on a blue SVT???? maybe a photoshop? i like the rims a lot but as others have stated, paint the car the same color and it would look great

I like it. It doesn't look that bad. I would love it if it a lil darker blue.

Darkened the face along with the lip.

DSC00676copy.jpg

Nice, Bill!! That looks awesome! I almost went with gunmetal wheels when I owned the car, but went with black. I wasn't liking those wheels when he put them on(in black), but in gunmetal... :drool:

Mark

I'm a little late to the party here, but I like the idea of the blue, but they just don't work on the car . . . way too bright. Bill's pshop above looks really great on it though.

The blue would good on Brapples' blue SE, its just a hard contrast with the black paint on the car. Never be afraid to step out and do something different. You see way too many FSVT wheels or other 5 spokes to the point its like hub caps on here. I catch hell for my chrome rims, but I still like them. Now I went and matched painted a set of TZ 10's (Which is another P.I.M.P mode style here in cali) most have said they like it. It had to grow on me at first, A guy in a Jag gave me the nod yesterday about the rims so who knows. Like you said, you have 3 sets to play with.

it doesnt look bad but this PS looks much better. dont even need to darken the lips imo, although it does look good too.

Darkened the face along with the lip.

DSC00676copy.jpg

since youre doing it yourself its cool because if you get bored with it (and you will) you can always change it. stuff like this is kind of faddish and you'll get tired of it after a year or so. have you considered doing them in "race gold?"

i dont like it. brightly colored rims on a black car = cheesy. a black car is sleek. colored wheels aren't. there's sumthn about painted rims that just doesnt work too well. if u like it svtsho, then evry post here other than urs r just opinions.

Back