• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BLKOUT2: Rebirth. PRT 2011 track car build thread.

took me an hour to go through this whole thread, mad kudos for what looks to be your blood, sweat and tears poured in to this car. Very inspiring and quality work!

Goonz! Welcome back and thank you! Hopefully I have a whole new beast done next year.

Who are you? What are you doing on our forums! Sad thing is, I am still not up to your post count....sigh. LOL

Ha, no doubt. I'm in the same boat. We all joined about the same time too.

That said. Josh the car is lookin good. What's the latest and greats on this thing? I know your in the new shop now...

I haven't touched the car at all this summer. I've been working on customer cars and R&D and just haven't had time. I'm hoping to get back to it soon. I've got a pipe of parts waiting, just need the time now.

I got the car up in the air last week and started another tear down. After some thinking I've decided to 4-bol LCA swap the front end as I have all the parts laying around and I prefer the arm design. Along with this I intend to box the arms and develop a delrin bushing solution as well as tying the front swap bar into the LCA with dual spherical links as I did on the rear.

I got really sad looking at this thing in the corner of the shop the other day. I should probably work on it or something.

I know how that feels, and now that I have spare time I have actually been doing work on my car. I am interested to see what your doing with the four bolt control arms, my car has four bolt but I was going to swap to two bolt to run my stangkiller arms, would be nice to ditch the stangkillers and have PRT stuff up front too!

I was thinking about the front lower control arms the other day and thought that the best way to retain the bushing on the lower part of the T bracket that bolts into the front sub-frame would be to turn a groove into them for a outside circlip figure out some washers and sleeves or polish the shaft of the bracket after cutting the groove and then turn down some derlin in the lathe or find some existing urethane bushings that would work. These thinks sound so easy in my head but actually doing them is far from easy so I'll look forward to the next update and product.

^ hahahaha, since you guys like to correct eachother maybe you could both be teachers? :ponder:

dawson_crying.jpg

I got the car up in the air last week and started another tear down. After some thinking I've decided to 4-bol LCA swap the front end as I have all the parts laying around and I prefer the arm design. Along with this I intend to box the arms and develop a delrin bushing solution as well as tying the front swap bar into the LCA with dual spherical links as I did on the rear.

pretty sure I suggested boxing the stock front LCA's and everybody called me an idiot for it...

can't wait to see how awesome these turn out!

Back