• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BLKOUT2: Rebirth. PRT 2011 track car build thread.

yeah, I think only facebook knows about this developement.

are you still going to make boxed in 4 bolt lcas? because I'm interested.

what happened with the rear subframe from the track car?

yeah, I think only facebook knows about this developement.

are you still going to make boxed in 4 bolt lcas? because I'm interested.

what happened with the rear subframe from the track car?

It's still in the car. UNdecided on the LCAs at this point. It's something I want to do, but not currently a priority.

how do you feel about welding a plate onto the bottom of 2 bolt lcas? obviously not as good as the 4 bolt, but could be a cheap alturnative to stang killers without swapping to a 4 bolt subframe...

just something I was wondering about. you would know better than me if it's feasible...

how do you feel about welding a plate onto the bottom of 2 bolt lcas? obviously not as good as the 4 bolt, but could be a cheap alturnative to stang killers without swapping to a 4 bolt subframe...

just something I was wondering about. you would know better than me if it's feasible...

You would first have to cut out the portion of the top of the 2-bolt LCA that is stamped to a lower elevation than the bottom edges of the LCA or the plate won't sit flush. Additionally, welding heat and rubber bushings are not friends.

... i always thought the front bush on the 4 bolt was the weak link, not the metal plate.

If you want a cheap improvement, try burning out the rubber on that front bush and putting in urethane.... G.

mine are two bolt. but stang killers are expensive and very hard to come by. trying to come up with something cheaper and easy to weld up.

josh's point about the welding surfaces is right, so now I think I'll just weld two lengths of dom tube into the pressed ridges of the stock two bolts and weld on nuts to take heim joints. sort of like stang killers, but using the stock arm as a template and the center reinforcement...

that is unless someone wants to build something like this for us two bolt guys.... I really dont want to spend more than 300 for a set.... if i diy them, the heim joints will be the most expensive pieces...

what if I welded in some dom tubing with spherical links? just trying to avoid completely developing a new lca from scratch...

It's really not that complicated. If you want to make it easy, press out the 2-bolt bushings and weld in cups for spherical bearings.

... i always thought the front bush on the 4 bolt was the weak link, not the metal plate.

If you want a cheap improvement, try burning out the rubber on that front bush and putting in urethane.... G.

Not that simple...at all. Someone made one set of poly 4-bolt units a long time ago. I can't find the thread but the pictures made it clear that it's no simple task. I have a pair of arms burned out and ready to start building my own pieces, but I don't have time for it and it's not a priority. A set of 2-bolt with heim joints would be a much easier build.

mine are two bolt. but stang killers are expensive and very hard to come by. trying to come up with something cheaper and easy to weld up.

josh's point about the welding surfaces is right, so now I think I'll just weld two lengths of dom tube into the pressed ridges of the stock two bolts and weld on nuts to take heim joints. sort of like stang killers, but using the stock arm as a template and the center reinforcement...

that is unless someone wants to build something like this for us two bolt guys.... I really dont want to spend more than 300 for a set.... if i diy them, the heim joints will be the most expensive pieces...

Make a fixture and build from scratch. You're better off. If I had time I would do it, but it would cost more than $300...

Last edited:
I know a guy from a completely different community who can machine the hard white urathan into super legit bushings, I just dont have a 4 bolt subframe and it would be a major pita to swa out the subframe, let alone find a 4 bolt subframe in my local area.

I like the idea of pressing in spherical joints into the existing 2 bolt arm, but what would be the best way to reinforce the arm itself? if I burn out the rubber, then welding on them wouldn't be a huge deal right? how would I go about getting spherical joints that fit the oem openings though. I want to retain oem ball joints at the knuckle too, so completely fabbing an arm seems silly.

and what do you mean by more than $300 btw? is somebody selling stang killers for $300 someplace I don't know about?

I know a guy from a completely different community who can machine the hard white urathan into super legit bushings, I just dont have a 4 bolt subframe and it would be a major pita to swa out the subframe, let alone find a 4 bolt subframe in my local area.

I like the idea of pressing in spherical joints into the existing 2 bolt arm, but what would be the best way to reinforce the arm itself? if I burn out the rubber, then welding on them wouldn't be a huge deal right? how would I go about getting spherical joints that fit the oem openings though. I want to retain oem ball joints at the knuckle too, so completely fabbing an arm seems silly.

and what do you mean by more than $300 btw? is somebody selling stang killers for $300 someplace I don't know about?

1) He machines bushings from Delrin, not hard white urethane.
2)Swapping a SF isn't a major PITA.
3)Welding in tubes, or boxing it.
4)Don't burn out the rubber, press out the entire bushing cup.
5)You find the parts, machine adapters to fit the spherical bearings and their cups(they sell them online) and weld them in
6)Still not silly
7)You said you don't want to spend more than $300. I said I could make something...but it's going to cost that much or more.

You gotta do some research into your options dude. I have most of the answers and can do what you want to do, but I don't have all day to talk about it, and you don't want to spend the money to get it done. Start a discussion thread in the suspension forum...

yes, delrin. I couldn't remember the proper term. sorry about the hijack. was just curious since you have all the options for the back end sorted out thoroughly and mostly available on your site. I'll start a thread in suspension and link it here if you don't mind...

thanks for the input!

You gotta do some research into your options dude. I have most of the answers and can do what you want to do, but I don't have all day to talk about it, and you don't want to spend the money to get it done. Start a discussion thread in the suspension forum...

He is Kaos...after all...

I scored a pair of never installed, powedercoated stangkillers with all the hardware, spherical ends and ball joints for 250cdn. I couldn't even buy stock replacements for that much. Are they really going for more than that?

IIRC I got my never used powdercoated stangkillers for like $200 without the heim joints or ball joints. Call me crazy but I will be swapping the subframes between my cougar and SVT, that way the Cougar will have a 2bolt for the stangkillers and the SVT gets the 4 bolt setup with like new control arms. Gotta wrench and pay to play.

Back