• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Biggest regret

Tha headaches of repairing a salvage car and nevcer totally finishing it. Then repairing another csvt and enjoying and hating it at the same time. And now I miss driving it and cursing at the heavens because of stupid ford engineers. Now I have to find another one to beat on.

Running my first drag race on a stock diff. before I was a member of CEG. :cry: :nonono:

Then paying $800 to have a new stock trans. put in. :mad: :help:

SE: Selling it. Sold it for much less than it was worth at the time ($1500) and in ok running condition. I really wanted to store it but there was no room and I needed that money to register my Maxima. In hindsight it was probably a good thing since I couldn't have two cars when I moved to Boston and I now own an SVT.

SVT: Not registering it yet! I'm waiting for the title paperwork to come in the mail for my Maxima so I don't have to go to city hall and the DMV both twice, since they're both 1/2 hr drive from my work and not open on weekends. (silly NH rules) So it's sitting pretty in the driveway with no plates, and I'm still driving around with MA plates on the Maxima.
(though this will be fixed as soon as the paperwork comes in!)

Selling the first one. then getting this picture a few months later.

DSC02610.jpg

Hitting the deer with the SE. And I am in the process of selling it, so I know once that happens and it is gone something bad will happen to the SVT.

not boosting a 3L :(

and bringing my car to wild pony motorsports for ****ing my car up beyond believe.

My main regret was ordering my new Mystique in black instead of red, which is what I really wanted. Since I had owned a red car for 15 years previously, I let family members talk me into ordering a different color. While black looks great in the showroom, it is absolutely the wrong color for people like me who only wash their cars a couple times a year!

people like me who only wash their cars a couple times a year!

Ouch... that poor car!

Being black, it must've looked four or five times WORSE than if it had been red, even more so than if it had been white!

Mine was dressing my car up more than purchasing performance modifications.... CF Trunk and ST200 Rims. 1500 in good looks... Like everyone said....Shoulda Done a 3L...

Working on completing my exhaust sytem and an air intake... and then.. saving for the 3L..

- Amyn

Being black, it must've looked four or five times WORSE than if it had been red, even more so than if it had been white!
I have to say my white car looks FILTHY when it's been dirty for more than a week. Never got that way with either T-Red or my blue car. It shows every imperfection (chips/scratches/rust) much more than any other color too.

Biggest regret is starting with a ATX and still having an ATX. :laugh:

Silly car can never make up its mind as to want gear I want it in!

Oh and not being allowed to buy a shell of an SVT to rebuild, and instead getting a 87 cavalier as a beater and then deciding to work on the cavalier. I would have much rather had the SVT and drop a new motor/3L in. :cry:

When I boosted my 2.5 I didnt bother to check the condition of the PCV valve (car only had 28K on the clock).

Well, it didnt seal, I preasurized the crank case and sucked in plenty of oil which eventually end in a big bang. That and boosting my 2.5 before I had another daily driver.

Back