• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Friday alternative for those not doing dyno?

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Just wondering... but is anyone else wanting to do something besides watch others run across the dyno on Friday? I have zero interest in dyno-ing my car, and watching others do it ranks slightly above watching paint dry on my list of enjoyable things to do (and yes, I have been to a couple dyno days with the local SVTOA).

I am thinking a round of golf would be good? Anyone else interested in bringing their clubs? Maybe do a mini outing? Perhaps the locals could provide some information on local courses and such...

Just throwing the idea out there...

You guys could do Craig's Cruisers. Always stuff to do around GR. If we Auto X Sunday I'll set something for Fri. at Craig's. Otherwise Craig's will be Sunday's event. I can plan a road rally for Fri. too.

That's why I haven't bothered. Doesn't seem like too many wanted this. The one I did in Kzoo was awesome. The roads around GR around like that though.

I would do a road rally... we were going to maybe watch a few dynos but otherwise we were going to split and find something to do. Golf, I likey the Mrs. does not... mini golf we both like. You can drink while playing that too....

Yeah I havent given this much thought- Im not dynoing this year. (Like I have a reason to :rolleyes: :laugh: )

Dyno...boring. Im up for a good round of golf. Im not that good though :S

Dyno boring? pssht
Just check out the highs and lows of the day right here
P5192879.jpg

Golf carts ON the dyno. Now that's where it's at. :cool:

P5192880.jpg

Ok, so now that I am officially registered for SZ...

The non-Dyno options I have seen for Friday so far are:

Road Rally - I've never done one so I need more info on what it is, what it entails, how long it would take, can it be done rain or shine?...

Golf - I see a foursome already on this thread... EuroTour, blu_fuz (let the wife go shopping or swimming or whatever), starjammir, and myself. I see much more opportunity for bonding and strengthening friendships with this than spending time driving around (in my case most likely alone in the car). Weather dependent activity.

Mini golf - good group activity option for those that don't golf. Doesn't take as long as real golf. (Some would view this as a positive, some as a negative.) Weather dependent activity (unless there is one indoors somewhere?)

Any other suggestions??

NO driving the cart unless you are playing golf. Sounds fair to me. We all like to drive the cart. So get your clubs out.

Back