• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Biggest regret

my biggest regret is teaching my wife to play videogames. She is currently hogging the TV, and I am bored surfing the internet.......lol just kidding. I really am surfing the web, when I would rather be watching a movie, but I don't regret teaching my wife about videogames.

My biggest car regret is pouring so much money into trying to make my SVT faster. I should have just done a little bit of aesthetics, suspension, and lightweight wheels. Carving corners in this car is way more fun than accelerating faster.

Trying to make a car thats not meant to be fast, go fast... lol.

Ditto, although i learnt before i did something big like a Turbo kit or something.

My biggest regret is modding my contour for straight line performance. What i should have done was intake, Exhaust, and suspension. Not full exhaust, chip, nitrous etc.

Making a FWD car fast is really not a good idea, your potential is very limited and they just are not as much fun. Nothing is cooler than powersliding around and being able to do big smoky burnouts.

If i was to do it again, I would leave the car stock, do a filter, full suspension, and then just road race and take it on the auto-x. That's what the car is built for, not speed.

1. No doubt, buying a FWD car, without LSD.

2. Thinking that a CSVT could give me the same driving pleasure as a 25 year old Toyota Celica Supra.

3. Driving down 9th st. in Modesto, and being in two (non-fault) accidents, with the second one totaling the car. Anyone need a nice salvage CSVT? (Better than the deer pics and all still together)

Eric G
btw- new toy, 04 Nissan 350Z

three words

Thomas-Knight-Supercharger

anyone want it? it needs bearings (for the fourth time)

it's the huge compressor housing. good luck lol

i also regret putting the nitrous on teh car before i did the 3L

but, now it's done, the suspension is refreshed and lowered, now i just need to get the car recleared and dents fixed and painted in spots. lol

my biggest regret was buying a contour svt.

it has been nothing but a pile.

granted i drive spiritedly but 2 weeks after i got it, had to replace the shift linkage, then 2 weeks later the motor seized, then had to get a clutch and flywheel and had greg do a 3L which now i think is junk with a cracked head gasket...... its just a f ing money pit that im sick of. if i could sell it and get decent money for it i would in a heartbeat.

granted i drive spiritedly but 2 weeks after i got it, had to replace the shift linkage, then 2 weeks later the motor seized, then had to get a clutch and flywheel and had greg do a 3L which now i think is junk with a cracked head gasket...... its just a f ing money pit that im sick of. if i could sell it and get decent money for it i would in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between spirited driving and beating on a car ... you beat that thing to death .... doing 140 on a fresh build motor and clutch on a public highway, yeah that spirited :rolleyes:

*sigh*
Let's not go through this again. You were provided with a great motor and a great source to swap it in for you. Yet you beat on the car by racing it and such and now you're whining because things are breaking? That engine is powerful, so when you push it to the maximum, some pretty crazy things can happen. You really need to be more careful.

My biggest regret, now that I really think of it, was buying an ATX for my first car. I really should have gotten an MTX instead. Regardless, when I get out of college in a couple years and I get a REAL paycheck, I'm going to pick up an SVT if I can find a good one :)

Selling my 96. I should have kept it and put a focus T3/T4 Turbo kit on it.

Also, I think it was probably a dumb idea to put rear disc on my tour, but it looks good at least.

my biggest regret...

my biggest regret...

wanting to drive my CSVT off a cliff because of constant problems i had been having with it...

i've since calmed down. I love my contour!!! i hope i have it forever. but someones gotta teach me how to put a new motor in soon!

im still the only contourSVT in Lake and Mchenry county IL!! i think?

explain?!?!? :(

Cost a lot of money to upgrade the rear brakes, which only are used to balance out the braking system, the drum brakes were doing the same amount of work.

What I should have done was purchase an SVT front brake upgrade. Then I would have noticed a braking difference, now its just smoother than it was.

Back