• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

audio upgrade almost done

All right guys, enough. Play nice.
It's his set up and he is happy with it. It's better than stock and I'm sure it sounds better too.

I am quite content with my Dual subs. As was said, anything is better than stock, and the subs were ridiculously cheap. However, the quality of my amp leaves something to be desired. Coupled with a good amp I can't imagine the Dual subs being bad at all...

if you put those dual subs on a 'good amp' you wouldn't have a sub. for 200$ you could buy a RE SR/SE 10-15", audioque SDC2.5 10-15" or even an Fi SSD 10-15", it's be louder, sound cleaner and you'd actually have something worth it. all those subs listed are under 200$

I am quite content with my Dual subs. As was said, anything is better than stock, and the subs were ridiculously cheap. However, the quality of my amp leaves something to be desired. Coupled with a good amp I can't imagine the Dual subs being bad at all...

Im not into performing or anything, and they are fair priced.

if you put those dual subs on a 'good amp' you wouldn't have a sub. for 200$ you could buy a RE SR/SE 10-15", audioque SDC2.5 10-15" or even an Fi SSD 10-15", it's be louder, sound cleaner and you'd actually have something worth it. all those subs listed are under 200$

I don't see what the big deal about having dual is, its nothing bad.

Your right, its not good nor is it bad. It fits my needs and thats all that matters to me.

Do they come in a box?

I don't see what the big deal about having dual is, its nothing bad.

Your right, its not good nor is it bad. It fits my needs and thats all that matters to me.
I think Dual is the modern-day equivalent of Audiovox equipment back in the '80s. I was guilty of having an Audiovox reciever in more than one of my cars in high school. I'm also guilty of having a Dual HU in my SVT right now. It's there because I needed something in a pinch. Pulled it from my project SVT, and had to do some creative repairs to make it work right. It is what it is. A working HU. I don't hate it, but certainly don't love it. It works and for now that's all that matters. It definitley has nothing on my Clarion ProAudio receiver in the SE.

Boxes only cost less than 30$ to build....if you call that thing the dual subs come in a box then im sorry. a bandpass tuned in the high 50's with no port area and no actual airspace isn't a box. might as well run them freeair.

It is ported and it does have free space >.>

Every speaker is different, I wouldn't just jump to a conclusion and say ALL 12" sub woofers require the same amount of space.

All right guys, enough. Play nice.
It's his set up and he is happy with it. It's better than stock and I'm sure it sounds better too.

It seems as though a few people didn't catch LUCA's post the first time around, so I'm clarifying it here. If we don't play nice, we don't play at all. I'm leaving this thread open because the OP didn't do anything wrong. I will continue to hand out 25-point infractions (remember, bans start at 30 points and continue up from there) to anyone who continues the flaming. If you want to constructively criticize his audio choices, feel free to do so, otherwise please refrain from posting here.

for 2 12's it is no where near the actual air space required.

Do you know the dimensions of the box? No? Didn't think so. How do you know how much space the subs need? Sorry, forgot you must know everything.

As long as quality of sound and long-term durability mean nothing to you.

hahahaha

Glad to see you are banned. You are clearly incompetent of being nice at all, and seem to think you are such a cool person because you like to be a jerk. Sorry, but if you would like to pay for my audio upgrades, then go ahead. Till then, just leave.

It actually came with an amp and all the wiring (brand new, including the capacitor)

Once again to the OP (since my post was rightfully deleted), nice job o the install, and MAJOR kudos for not freaking out. I wish you the best with the car and any future upgrades. Can we maybe get a full shot of the car?

Sorry dude, I try not to hate but I really wish you hadn't bought Duals. You could have gotten a better name brand from eBay for about the same price. I'm glad you are upgrading from factory but you really should have bought higher quality equipment. And by the "free air" comment, he was referring to no box at all. Also a bandpass box is really designed to make bad speakers sound boomier. I would have got a single Kicker Comp VR 12 in a sealed box hooked to a decent 300w-ish amp. Would actually sound better than your "1000w" (250w) Scoche amp. I have bought cheap stuff in the past and then stepped up to nicer stuff, big improvement.

Do you know the dimensions of the box? No? Didn't think so. How do you know how much space the subs need? Sorry, forgot you must know everything.
Lol...obviously more than you... kids get so mad when you tell them they wasted there money on crappy car audio.. Sorry.:shrug:

I've gone through low end audio equipment and I know when you upgrade anything from stock it's a pretty cool feeling. With that said there is a lot of room for improvement if you desire to upgrade again and it makes your really appreciate a nice quality setup with proper imaging that can produce real sounding audio. There are websites like millionbuy.com and onlinecarstereo.com that have great deals on good audio equipment. I'm not trying to dog your setup maybe just giving advice because I've had garbage audio equipment (not that im calling your stuff crap) and now I have a what I concider good sounding mb quart component system amped right with decent kenwood subs boxed and ported for the real lows. Good luck and congrats either way

Once again to the OP (since my post was rightfully deleted), nice job o the install, and MAJOR kudos for not freaking out. I wish you the best with the car and any future upgrades. Can we maybe get a full shot of the car?

Not freaking out about what?

Sorry dude, I try not to hate but I really wish you hadn't bought Duals. You could have gotten a better name brand from eBay for about the same price. I'm glad you are upgrading from factory but you really should have bought higher quality equipment. And by the "free air" comment, he was referring to no box at all. Also a bandpass box is really designed to make bad speakers sound boomier. I would have got a single Kicker Comp VR 12 in a sealed box hooked to a decent 300w-ish amp. Would actually sound better than your "1000w" (250w) Scoche amp. I have bought cheap stuff in the past and then stepped up to nicer stuff, big improvement.

Lol...obviously more than you... kids get so mad when you tell them they wasted there money on crappy car audio.. Sorry.:shrug:

I have never had a problem with dual, so why change?

I've gone through low end audio equipment and I know when you upgrade anything from stock it's a pretty cool feeling. With that said there is a lot of room for improvement if you desire to upgrade again and it makes your really appreciate a nice quality setup with proper imaging that can produce real sounding audio. There are websites like millionbuy.com and onlinecarstereo.com that have great deals on good audio equipment. I'm not trying to dog your setup maybe just giving advice because I've had garbage audio equipment (not that im calling your stuff crap) and now I have a what I concider good sounding mb quart component system amped right with decent kenwood subs boxed and ported for the real lows. Good luck and congrats either way

I know its not the best in the world, but it fits my budget rightfully. I don't need anything showy, as im not all into showing my current car off anyways. Something simple that i can cruise down the road with it is good enough for me.

Back