• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Columbus Dave and Buster's Meet

They look really good! by chance you wouldnt want too come/or have me drive and give me a hand doing my rack and pinion install?

They look really good! by chance you wouldnt want too come/or have me drive and give me a hand doing my rack and pinion install?

Ooooooh, man... I've never touched one of those before. Kind of scared to.

Where are you located? Your profile doesn't say.

Personally, I don't have the equipment to perform that job. I would think you'd need an engine hoist to hold the motor while you lower the back end of the subframe out from under it. But I would say only dropping it 6-10 inches would be far enough to get everything clear.

See, usually when I have a huge nightmare job to do, I take it down to my dad's place in Portsmouth and we do it together.

I had a good time. Wish I could have stayed a little longer, but I had to bail in order to meet up for the CD101 Day show that evening. Nice to see the old NECO crew again.

Thank you Rod for setting up the meet. Nice meeting you. Sorry we couldn't have pulled together a few more 'Tours though.

i want too see more pics of the green and black cougar!!!!
Hmmph, where's the Laser Red love? :cry:

Thanks for coming guys, It was nice meeting all of you guys. It's a shame that this is contour.org and we had more cougars there. It was cold and overcast but it was still cool. Hopefully we will get more people to actually show up to the next one. It was cool watching the GTO search for traction in 1st gear on a spirited drive! The laser red cougar has awesome red/black leather interior. I think it was xr7, IIRC. Andy's car is really nice. Andy, can I get a little more SF love. I had to bug out a little earlier than I wanted to for OT at work. I wound up working til 2 am. Hope to see everyone again. The next one better have alot of tours to go with the cougars!!

Rod

i'll definitely be there next time. sooo many issues with the tour. just check my thread in the troubleshooting section. it never ends with this car...

LOL, time to dust off that Wings West kit, Mark!

How was the 101 show?

Show me the money for kit and paint :help: and I'll be happy to! ;)

The show was pretty good. Can't beat 6 bands for $5. Light dinner ('cause lunch at D&B's was only 2.5 hours prior!) at Gordon Biersch beforehand (Maibach is the Spring brew, and the Bavarian Hefeweizen is always excellent).

Really really like The Duke Spirit, Zox, and liked The Switches. The local band wasn't too good, but the sound sucked too, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time. Didn't stay for Von Iva, but the singer has a good voice. Don't remember the other band in the middle... Von Iva was the closer. Have to read the back of my t-shirt to jog my memory :)

Picked up The Duke Spirit CD there, and it's playing in the Cougar today.

Last edited:
Hope to see everyone again. The next one better have alot of tours to go with the cougars!!

Rod

Weren't you at the Tony Packo's meet in Toledo the last few years? No Cougars iirc 97% Contours. Alex had his low rider Ranger there last year, the year before that someone had a Electric Blue FSVT there. 25+ showed up on the first one 30 maybe pushing 40 showed up last year. Hoping for a bigger turnout this year. That's in July btw for all the noobs who would like to come, look out for it, it's a blast.

No I didn't go to Tony Packo's, but it sounds like I had better mark it on my calendar!

It is pretty cool, we pretty much fill up the whole parking lot. If you get there early and get to see the line of contours coming down the street filling the lot you will be speechless....

Us Ohio guys got there a little early 2 years ago, watching the MI crew roll in together was freaking sweet.......1 contour after another until the lot was full

It is pretty cool, we pretty much fill up the whole parking lot. If you get there early and get to see the line of contours coming down the street filling the lot you will be speechless....

Us Ohio guys got there a little early 2 years ago, watching the MI crew roll in together was freaking sweet.......1 contour after another until the lot was full

I missed that because you guys ditched me. :laugh:
No not really I just got separated at a stop light and got lost. :rolleyes:

Back