• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I thought this was pretty cool...

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
I was driving around on some mountain trails today after work and was captivated by what I came upon. It was unbelievably peaceful and the only noise was the water crashing off the rocks at the bottom.

It was a winding trail that was fairly narrow (about a foot wider the the XJ) and I had to cross a river at one point that was about a foot deep to get to the dam, but The scenery was worth it. I only had my phone with me, but I still think it helps to portray the calmness.

DamJeep.jpg

wow thats nice :eek:, wish there were some cool places like that near by but i dont know any.

there is a place that looks just like that near me. However, it is right next to a bridge in the middle of a trashy city, so it's potential for peacefulness is ruined. I would love to find a quiet place like that.

I think I'm going to go back there with the camera and tripod...and get more pictures of the scenery.:cool:

I know a place like that in north georgia, my dad used to take me there as a kid. (now if could only find it, would be great for pics). otherwise great place.

I never got around to going back there with an actual camera...but today was another unexpected trip. My w580i apparently takes panoramic shots.

l_50855c6c7563b036ff2faaf0737f02eb.jpg

No, I am thinking of the link below, right by "All Faiths Cemetery" in Worcester... It is not as dramatic as the OPs dam, but the same style none the less...
LOL! My grandparents live right there. I used to walk along that waterway as a child. Definitely no place for photos though.

Waterfalls are extremely peaceful ... Pen_Two I don't blame you for going back many times :)

Back