• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Atlanta, Ga meet

I plan on coming sooner......I'm gonna say 6 if that's ok with Ryan. I think JC and OB1 are gonna meet up with me out by our house and caravan in. Not sure yet though.

sctrooperlx from focus fanatics won't be able to make it, -1 on the list next to my username MR. bgrogan01, if you don't mind please! :laugh:

I haven't been on the boards but i am coming. Ill probably be dragging my brother along and Maybe one other guy in a Marauder. Ryan I miss my short friend! Jim Do you want me to bring your hood, i can fit it in the trunk. I'll try to get with you Brian before hand, me & JC might ride up early & hang out some.

I haven't been on the boards but i am coming. Ill probably be dragging my brother along and Maybe one other guy in a Marauder. Ryan I miss my short friend! Jim Do you want me to bring your hood, i can fit it in the trunk. I'll try to get with you Brian before hand, me & JC might ride up early & hang out some.

Thanks, I'd love to get it then.
Can you fit it in the 'Tour trunk? Or are you driving something else?
I have been trying to decide what to drive so I can get it on home from there, if you were able to bring it.

Jim

OB1, I'm gonna be taking my car up there hoping you can help me check this thing out. I need all the input possible. So I'm gonna take it easy bringing it up there.

Ok I got everybody on the list...so far it's 20 people. Looking forward to seeing everybody again and meeting new people.

OB1, I'm gonna be taking my car up there hoping you can help me check this thing out. I need all the input possible. So I'm gonna take it easy bringing it up there.
Well I got an update on my leak OB1....I drove it yesterday all day without the AC on and it didn't seem to leak or at least from what I can see. It didn't leave any puddles under the car. I never changed the hard line. Hadn't had time to do it. I'm gonna drive it some more today w/out AC and see what happens...maybe tomorrow change out the hard line and hoses that connect to it.

I read it & am going to have to guess pretty much what everyone else is saying. I'd make sure it wasn't the wheel bearings & then i'd look at the diff & carrier bearings.
The only other possibility is that your drivers trans mount is bad and your trans is resting on your subframe. You should be hearing some clunking and such with that but maybe one of your inner fender splash guards or either your power steering lines are rubbing the axles? We can take a look. I've done the jacking the car up thing & running it in gear thing before, i'm not advocating this but i've never noticed any ill results. You have to consider the fact that your suspension angle is completely different than it would be while rolling though.

Back