• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

Hey Justin... you're better off just buying a tire pump & good quality gauge. Tire shops only set the PSI around 32 all around... with your tires, you'll probably want at least 35. I run 38 in the front and 35 in the rear... though I think I need to bump the front up to 40.

Hmm.. didn't know that, i'll have to go by and tell them how much preasure i want in them next time ;)

i don't know why, but i hate adjusting my own tire preasure... measure... fill... measure... fill

just goto discount tell them greace monkeys how much to put in, sit back and relax :eek:

hehe I *always* tell them what I want. When I get home I check it and they're always 32psi all around.

On a different subject... I just saw that red E1 in my work parking lot. Guess that's why he's always spotted around here.

Don't forget guys, I'm hoping for a meet on Saturday the 14th to pull the engine and tranny from my car! I plan on starting early, like 9am! I want the engine/trans OUT of the car by 4pm if I can! I've gotten alot of the interior wiring done, I just need a spring compressor to install the suspension and all that is done!

I'm going to the dyno day. If I can, I'd really like to help. First just to help, but also to get that experience. Depends on when my car is done at the dyno and if we have any family stuff going on.

Weird... on my way out of work today, I saw a silver SVT in the parking lot with the license "QWK SVT". That plate sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if he's on here or not. So now there's possibly 3 CSVTs (including mine) at my work.

Weird... on my way out of work today, I saw a silver SVT in the parking lot with the license "QWK SVT". That plate sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if he's on here or not. So now there's possibly 3 CSVTs (including mine) at my work.

Thats Nathan, isn't it? (Roberts son)

EDIT: Nevermind, Nathan is "CLN SVT". Ohhhhh, I know who you're talking about! I could have sworn it was black, but I used to talk to him all the time at Sonic at 35th & Union Hills. I think he's on here, but I can't think of the s/n.

Hmm...

Hmm...

we have a hell of a lot of CSVT volume in a small area! I'm pretty annoyed that kid who stopped me @ the gas station hasn't registered considering how long he chatted my ear off and how insistant he was on looking over my car. :troutslap:

we gotta get these guys to register so we can have a nice size group CSVT cruise soon! :bah:

p.s.
on a side note: need to do an oil change on the ole dirty really soon. (soon as i have $ for oil) so if anyones up for a small meet up when the time comes, let me know

hmm... is QWK SVT that lightning guy on FJ? I only saw him for a few seconds at a meet, so I wouldn't recognize him... but I know he has a silver svt. I'll post on FJ.

Hey Justin... did you end up getting new spark plugs? I can't remember now.... if so, do you want me to pick them up tomorrow so I can gap them (proper gapping takes time)? I'm hoping those Taylor wires will work better with them. My Taylors snap very easily on my autolites. Swapping plugs are pretty easy/quick... something I could do on my lunch break :)

I'm actually changing my plugs and oil tomorrow morning, but need to be into work by noon and have conference calls all morning. How I love the mute button.

EDIT: hey Greg... that's not your CSVT, is it? Trying to decipher your post.. hehe

Last edited:
You guys know this red '98 SVT? He/she doesn't list the milieage, probably high I would guess.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/308364609.html

1998 SVT Contour
moon roof
16" Enkei's
strut stabalizer
leather
excellent condition
A/C
Power Steering, windows, door locks
Cruise control
Upgraded sound system
5 Speed manual