• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizona CSVT'S !!

Think i may have found a set of wheels to slap on the ole-dirty when i get my tax return check :shocked:

8ff5_10.JPG

9330_10.JPG

Style: ADR VENOMOUS
Bolt Pattern: 4x100 or 4x108
Size: 18"x7.5"
Offset: +42mm
Finish: MACHINED/ black

?:shrug: ?

Today I have seen 2 SF Svts around today, both E1 optioned out just like mine.
I hardley ever see silver ones mostly red and black. Just thought I'd mention it, but I doubt any of them are members of this site.

I know of 8 SF CSVT's here (or around here). I was just going to list the silver ones, but thought it would be cool to list all of them that I know of.

Silver (8):
Nezerconezer, hugoscsvt88, TheFordGuy in Tucson, LightningGod (on FocalJet), one I saw at work with "QWK SVT" plates, and one I keep seeing around my area that has a broken rear bumper (Hugo knows that one). The other 2 are both of Rodewaryer's sons' cars; one is in Prescott, I'm not sure if the other is in Phoenix.

Black (2):
Me, and theSCHAFF.

Red (3):
Stock one I saw at work, one with rims on craigslist, and a riced out one I saw around my work.

So... potentially 13 CSVT's in AZ, with at least 10 in the Phoenix area.

He put cobra badges on it? That sounds familiar, but I probably tried hard to forget about that.

Have you tried getting him on this board?

Hey... does he have untinted windows (or very light)? Is he also missing some skirt inserts? I think I just saw him by Bell Ford.

I thnk his windows are tinted and I doubt its missing a side skirt, that thing has been garaged and cared for since day one.

I don't know if they are nice people as I have waved to em and didn't get a responce. Or maybe they weren't expecting me to wave and had slow reaction times who knows. What I do know is that both the husband and the wife drive the car.

ah.. I meant to say jack covers were missing, not skirt inserts. So then that's 2 more black E0's? The one I saw had E0 rims.

hey

hey

Hey all, Im in the tucson area soon to be back in glendale. I have a 98 Black CSVT thats de-badged. I also am missing one jackpoint cover due to some dip**** at a tire place, broke it now i cant get it back on. Ive been a member for awhile but not too many posts cause when i joined not too many people from az were on here. Anyways, if there are any fellow CSVTs in tuson or around glendale/ peoria wanna chill sometime hit me up. Im actually going to be in glendale this weekend so anyone that wants to hit me up...

Email- Dnl_slack@yahoo.com (also yahoo messenger)

Aol- trulymental13

Take it easy.

As everyone knows, i'm always down for meeting up, i need to do my RP oil change this weekend. and if i get a helping hand, do my sparkpluts and new wires! lemme know. im in N. Phoenix btw

hey bumpinsvt13, good to hear about another CSVT around! Most of the meets are put on by the local FocalJet group, but we've had a couple of our own.

Justin: The rear bank plugs are much easier to do with the UIM off, especially if your boots are seized to the plugs. If you can, get these parts from Bill Jenkins:
  • UIM gaskets
  • LIM gaskets
  • Throttlebody gasket
  • EGR -> UIM gasket
  • Injector o-rings (top and bottom -- mine were the same, I think the earlier models had different sized top/bottom o-rings)
  • IMRC bushings (white plastic things that snap into your LIM and break if you look at them)
  • PCV valve (also from Bill, don't get local auto store crap -- they're supposedly not metered for what the car needs)
You'll also need a spray can of Berrymans B12, which is available at most auto stores (to clean the UIM/LIM).

To remove the LIM, the fuel pressure is relieved... so you might as well get a new fuel filter too, and is very quick & easy to swap.

For about $15 you can have an oil/air separator and you won't need to clean your UIM/LIM again. Otherwise you should clean them at least every year. The needed parts are from Home Depot (separator), Ace Hardware (fittings), and an autostore (3/8" fuel hose).

Once your UIM/LIM is clean, you should run seafoam through the UIM to clean the heads.

Let me know if you're up for all that. We can do that stuff at my house, if you want. I think the seafoam should be done at night, so there's less people on the road (you'll fog the street). Plus, nights are easier for me to get time to do car stuff.

Well, ill be up in the area within a few ours so any phx area CSVTs wanna chill this weekend gimme a call... 520-271-7582. Take it easy all.

I have the last of my parts paid for, so I will be re-installing the engine very soon. Unfortunately work has decided to screw me, so I will have to do this on a Tuesday/Wednesday. I got it out in 11 hours, that includes eating time and AutoZone OMGINEEDTOOLS runs. None of us 3 had pulled a motor before, so it was a learning experience for sure. I can't imagine it would take more than a day to put it back in, but I'd like to have it in Tuesday night so I have Wednesday to troubleshoot any problems.

This will be Tuesday the 8th, by the way. I probably won't have all the parts by this coming Tues/Weds, so I'll have to put it off until the week after. If I want to have ANY chance at getting the 12th and 20th off for the AZSS Prescott BBQ and SCCA Solo events respectively, I simply cannot ask for anymore weekend days off before then.

Morbid, that all sounds like **** i'd like to do. (later down the road) as for now. im concentrating on my Autolite double patinum plugs. my 8mm Taylor wires, and rolling my fenders. (easy cheap stuff) then once i start makin some money i'll dive into the UIM/LIM cleaning, etc... im also goin to be gettin the HID kit, soon along with my short shifter headers, ypipe, and mufflers.... soon... all very soon!

*SPOTTED* 00 Silver Frost CSVT w/ temp plate, lowered on 17" silver momo's. Similar to these
maxima6.jpg

i stopped the guy and yes, told him about the sight. he's older (35ish?) no other visible mods, and it was quiet, so im assuming stock exhaust... anyhow just thought i'd point it out. never seen or heard of it around b4. he said he picked it up @ a dealership so im wondering if someone (hugo) may have traded theirs in and the stealership slapped wheels on it ?

anyhow keep an eye out. wonder if he'll register :shrug:

Back