• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All-out N/A WHP. guesses?

I say you should spray on the boost :crazy:

His car was bada$$ with the 100 shot - felt like you were getting rearended by a truck!

BTW - I did buy that M90 :laugh:

The MAF won't give you anything if you are tuning through the PCM. The only way it will help is if you have pegged the stock MAF which won't happen at that power level (unless you add the bottle). As for the TB, a 70mm TB "may" give you better tip in throttle response but you may end up sacrificing velocity at WOT which is critical in a NA motor. I'd say what you are adding on top of Blackcoog build is really negligible and any HP above that could be attributed to dyno variances.

My suggestion would be run the MAF if you have it already (only if you have the transfer function) otherwise stick with the stocker. As for the TB, try the 70mm one but also dyno it with a 65mm one as well and post results. I did quite well with a 65mm TB on my build and felt no reason to go bigger.

nitrous doesnt have any effect on the MAF flow. the nitrous is injected after the MAF and the computer doesnt even know it's there.

kyle, what m90 did you buy?

Well, if you don't know what you are going to do with it, I am sure I can put it on the truck :) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm supercharged 460

Last edited:
mine is going on the tour' and i bet i can make kyle do the same thing if i get it working before he does anything with his. i'll make his just a liiiiitle slower than mine. hahah!

mine is going on the tour' and i bet i can make kyle do the same thing if i get it working before he does anything with his. i'll make his just a liiiiitle slower than mine. hahah!

If you plan on boosting right away there's no reason why you'd want to go "All-out N/A" anyhow. Most of the things you'd do for an All out NA setup would be far from ideal in a F/I setup. Like 12:1 cr pistons and a custom cam setup for an NA build :)

Thats fine with me - you've got more expirence in getting speeding tickets, I'll let the pro do it :laugh:

If it goes on the car, I'll buy another one and put it on my truck. Having M90's on both rides would be sweet :cool:

If you plan on boosting right away there's no reason why you'd want to go "All-out N/A" anyhow. Most of the things you'd do for an All out NA setup would be far from ideal in a F/I setup. Like 12:1 cr pistons and a custom cam setup for an NA build :)

Adding boost to the previously described setup would not be a problem. The dynamic CR is relatively low with SVT cams and the factory 10:1 Static CR. If you're going to use SVT cams, make sure they are in 3L SPLIT PORT heads and not 2.5L heads or oval port heads. You can use the 2.5L heads but are left with the higher static CR but more importantly, a poor chamber for the larger bore. Keeping the 2.5L heads would allow the use of the 2.5L valves but the chamber would really need to be reworked.

The 3L split port UIM is a must if you want a lot of power N/A. The 2.5L (including SVT) UIM is a big cork.

Last edited:
i'm under the impression that the SVT UIM is the best flowing availible.

Tony, i wouldnt be touching the internals of the motor. just little bolt ons that would actually help a boosted setup (like a bigger maf and TB)

Ford made many comprimises to the original 250BHP Porsche 2.5L to sit in the contours engine bay. One of these revisions included reducing the plenum volume in half to fit the coil and IMRC on the engine.

The larger plenum of the 3L split port UIM would seem like a very worthy upgrade, no? Something you might want to consider...

The 3L split port UIM is a must if you want a lot of power N/A. The 2.5L (including SVT) UIM is a big cork.

So you're opinion is that the older (pre 01) 3L split port UIM's are a big improvement over the SVT upper? Then why don't you see more cougar/regular contour owners swapping for the 3L split port upper in their cars but instead going for the SVT? Just easier?

I disagree on the 3L plastic UIM being a "better" flowing UIM.

the ST220, maybe.. but the 3L.. I don't think so.. there is a thread with a technical discussion of that very subject matter in the recent weeks or month.. I will see if I can find it..

Back