• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

65mm mustang throttle body

I sort of forgot about this for the longest time....

Harrry what every happened to the How-To? Did you give up on it?

I sort of forgot about this for the longest time....

Harrry what every happened to the How-To? Did you give up on it?

Honestly...now that i have some down time.:blackeye:I'll finish that write up. It tottaly slipped my mind. Honestly. I have over 30 pictures already added. So it's good..but i just gotta finish it.

OK... Today, I've got 2004 Mustang GT 4.6L TB...
Here it is :

And...
TPS is the same as mine (F4SF 9B989)
Wire mounting is very similar, but it's turned about 180 deg. - uside-down
I mean SVT/ST200 wire comes from the bottom, behind and to the top - here we have the wire from the top, to the front and bottom (see the first picture)

The question is, if it is possible to take the butterfly off, turn the shaft upside down, and screw butterfly back? Will it fit this way?
Of course I'll need a piece of something as a stopper in right upper corner...
Or should I rather change wire mounting with my stock one?

Hey Schem; what about using a non SVT cable bracket ? It goes the opposite way to yours'. Are you running cruise ? ..G.

Honestly...now that i have some down time.:blackeye:I'll finish that write up. It tottaly slipped my mind. Honestly. I have over 30 pictures already added. So it's good..but i just gotta finish it.

Can't wait. However by then I'll have a late model Stang TB on my new intake and won't need it :laugh:

Say hello to the twins... now if I could figure out a way to convert to drive by wire.

cov-09M-9926-3V.jpg

Hey to all

gorman - I'm not running cruise, but non-svt bracket won't fit in my opinion.
First of all, the wire comes from the "front" side of the TB.
SVT from the bottom, non-SVT from the top, you're right.
But also from the front...
Stang TB as it is now, needs to connect wire from behind...
HERE you can see, how it works in Stangs.

So, turning it upside down should be the best option, because it would be in good position then...
If possible...

The second question is how to put the stock black gum on th TB (I don't know how to name it, but it is at the other end of the TB - one is UIM, the other is this gum), as the Stang TB and "the gum" have near the same dim.
Cut something, heat the gum and press? Or what?

CVT#49 - I wish you all the best, but your twins won't fit to UIM entrance :)
And even if, somehow... I can't get the reason why to do it... UIM and LIM are too small... It will just look great, but do nothing... :D

Hey Schem; a lot of the info. on this has been lost. From what i remember, you may have to get the throttle cable for an automatic. I think another way to get this to work is to take the spindle out of your ST200 TB and transfer it to the new one. You have to file the spindle to accept the larger blade. There was a how to for this also... it may still be on the boards. .... G.

it's the same thing.. except you have to file the spindle to fit the larger blade. It's not hard.. i filed the spindle from a stock LIM and put it in a taurus split port LIM .. just need to make a neat job of it so that it is as airtight as possible. Make sure the screw holes in the blades are the same spacing. Would you be happier if you had a spare SVT TB .. so that you don't have any down time with the car ? .Got to go ..duty calls ..good luck with that. G.

Just be patient guys. My way is 100% non fail. I'll have it done by the end of next week. I've already started working on it.

That throttle body modification for the 65mm is for a different linkage. My way uses everything needed to fit on like a bolt on product.!
Everything works and is put on the same way using the 65mm throttle body only.

CVT#49 - I wish you all the best, but your twins won't fit to UIM entrance :)
And even if, somehow... I can't get the reason why to do it... UIM and LIM are too small... It will just look great, but do nothing... :D

Who said anything about keeping the same UIM and LIM :laugh:

Stay tuned for the fun... whenever I find time that is... this winter is going to be a busy one.

Mods

How about pinning this link. Especially while we don't have access to our old forums, this would be very useful for many. Even when our access to the old forums are restored, it would still be valuable.
x's eleventy bazzilion

Back