• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

65mm mustang throttle body

whipping.gif

Come on now, Harrry. :laugh:

Okay i have finished so far taking it apart modifying the linkage..and modifying the tb itself to except the linkage. Pictures and the write up.

Now i gotta finish taking pictures of how to put it together...and also making a custom throttle stop. I'll finish all that by next weekend. I'll try to finish the write up shortly after that.

After all this work, i should have just done a video recording of me doing this :crazy: Maybe i still will :shrug:

I've checked, while waiting for HowTo, that the stock intake "gum" fits without problem to the Stang TB :D
Of course, it's not possible by hands only, but with something working like shoehorn...

So, we have one step cleared.

I've checked, while waiting for HowTo, that the stock intake "gum" fits without problem to the Stang TB :D
Of course, it's not possible by hands only, but with something working like shoehorn...

So, we have one step cleared.

Umm it does fit with your hands. You have to place one hand inside the intake tube...while pressing against the throttle body. Pushing the intake tube open from the inside allows it to slip onto the tb.

I tried several times, but inner diameter of the gum is 69mm, Stang TB is 75mm... it's 6mm too small...

Whatever... it fits. Doesn't matter how.

Have a nice weekend with "HowTo" work on ;)

I tried several times, but inner diameter of the gum is 69mm, Stang TB is 75mm... it's 6mm too small...

after the gum has been on the car awhile it will stretch. It gets easier and easier to fit. How are you getting on with the TB rebuild ? ..G.

Kind of random but I have a 65mm tb. I am making this to relocate the the IAC. Pretty simple if you have some tools and material still gotta drill and tap two holes for the barbed fittings and its done.
65.jpg

66.jpg

Oh it streches :) I've sold and have dones tons of tb installs on peoples cars. Never had a problem doing it my way...But others have used a screw driver. Never a shoe horn :laugh:

Yea...i'm still working on it. I'm too OCD when it comes to these things(engineers life). Because i feel when i post it...somebody will always ask how to do something..and i know i'll end up answer tons of questions. Better to answer them all during this process!

Harrry, 'how to's ' are kind of organic.. they change all the time 'cos people change what they want. Put it out there and let it mature in the daylight ...G.

Harrry, 'how to's ' are kind of organic.. they change all the time 'cos people change what they want. Put it out there and let it mature in the daylight ...G.

lol....thats a good way of looking at it.

I've covered how to remove the TPS. If it's stuck..stripped and then broken.
How to modify a 65mm tb to work.
How to then optimize the tb...because the old opt how-to is horrible.

Ill finish tonight the rest of the tb work and how to put it together. Once that is done. I'll show what steel is used to make a custom tb plate.

and then it's done. I'll head up to the hardware store tomorrow to take a picture of the serial number and all information of what steel is used.
Once i finish measurements on how long big and degrees the plate is. I'll finish the how-to up and post it.

I like to cover all areas. Then i'll post it and people can provide input if they wish. :cool:

How-to's like this...take a while when done right.

others have used a screw driver. Never a shoe horn :laugh:

I didn't use a shoe horn :laugh:
I wrote "something working like shoe horn"...a screw driver or piece of flat "something".

I did it in the office, so I used a coffee spoon :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Just don't tell it to my boss, ha ha ha ha

I also think, first you should make a basic How-To.
And then release something like FAQ, if it's not enough

Nevermind - It's your HT, so you'll do what you like.
We are waiting... still...

I didn't use a shoe horn :laugh:
I wrote "something working like shoe horn"...a screw driver or piece of flat "something".

I did it in the office, so I used a coffee spoon :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Just don't tell it to my boss, ha ha ha ha

I also think, first you should make a basic How-To.
And then release something like FAQ, if it's not enough

Nevermind - It's your HT, so you'll do what you like.
We are waiting... still...

Well...keep waiting...like everyone else has over the months :laugh:

If you'd be a smart girl with perfect body, I'll wait for you over months... :laugh:

But if you are not, then I'll change TB without your HowTo. :shrug:
Now, I'm waiting for spare SVT TB, and this is the point...

Don't talk... work :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you'd be a smart girl with perfect body, I'll wait for you over months... :laugh:

But if you are not, then I'll change TB without your HowTo. :shrug:
Now, I'm waiting for spare SVT TB, and this is the point...

Don't talk... work :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You need to realize...you just joined 2.5 months ago..and your coming off like you know me enough you can throw crap comments like that to me. I'm really a laid back guy... but This is your 4th comment so far....I didn't care soo much the first few times you said something...but i don't know you...so chill with the demands. If you don't want to wait..do it yourself. Till then stop the with the constant comments. I have more important life issues to deal with at this moment.

^not to mention that he provide this as a service and makes a little money on it if you really want one without paying extra go buy one and figure it out yourself...not that difficult.

Back