• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Turbo Finished!!!

really droolworthy job shogo. i like the black pipes. the BOV looks cool too. what is it? i'm looking to change mine in a little bit. cool wheels too. i've been looking for those wheels, but they aren't sold anymore.

Looks like an HKS SSQV.

Aaron

Thank you all for the compliments....feels pretty good after such a long time working on it...since April or so. My wedding this summer sure took a lot of my time but this little project was always in the back of my mind. I didn't have to rush anything so I was able to make things nice and clean.

Pete - sure thing...I think there is a "track" around Kzoo somewhere???

Joey - So far the FMIC is great. I have not yet datalogged to see the difference in IATs but I am sure there is a major improvement. Hell, BAD SVT in Vegas using your setup had lower ones mid summer than I did with my water-to-air setup in May on 7psi. Do you think my tune needs any adjustment with this setup? Tom dialed it in pretty good at SZ07. There is just a bit more lag time in the turbo with the additional piping but not to the point that its bothersome. Mind you I am only running 5psi right now.

I had to modify the pipes a bit to work with the ADC kit. The pipe coming directly off of the turbo cannot go straight down as it does with your full kit. I have it now going 45* across the front of the motor. The pipe with the 90* had to be shortened to accommodate this change as well. I am sure this will cause a slight rise in temps as it is probably warmer where I have it going across vs the nice low area your original design followed, but I had no choice. I will definitely show you at SZ09 or send you pics sooner if you want them.

You can post any of these pics on NPG's website....I will let you. LOL.

Rawburt - Thanks buddy. Your SVT was always a slick ride that I admired.

Vids? - Sry, no camera. SZ09?

Todras - It is a hybrid setup. The turbo I upgraded to a Garrett gt3076r when I did my first 3L. I used that with the small ADC intercooler and it sucked....well, the intercooler sucked, the car was still fun as hell. Now it's ADC up and down pipes, upgraded turbo, and customized NPG FMIC kit.

Beans - Absolutely you may have a ride at 'the zing'.

BAD SVT - Yeah, SNOB and Five-Oh are right, it is an HKS SSQV, 2nd Gen. I love the sound of it, fast response too, barely blip the throttle and it will open, yet no leaks at idle or under high boost. The wheels are Mille Miglia EVO's, they are not made anymore. Kinda heavy though. (Just found the weight online, 22-23lbs.)

Last edited:
I got the first ride and I have to say it's a blast to ride along in, even at 5psi. This thing is a sleeper for sure, it's quiet and the car is clean. The pics don't do it justice. I'm really happy it's up and running.

On a side note, hats off to SHOgoFast (Adam), he helped me all weekend to figure out some things on my 3L and taught me some stuff as well. Oh and free beer from the Kegerator! Good Times!

damn, that looks amazing, the only difference between mine when i'm done will be a g2 painted red trans, red samco hoses and red couplers. but i approve!!!!!

Couldn't let BluFuz have all the fun with pretty motors and such.

Thanks go out to Dacker, Sean_Wein, Blufuz, Todras, 98 T-Red, Brapple, Soopa for any and all help or pics provided along the way.

Dude, that looks awesome! Nice color combo and that thing has to haul a$$ :drool:. Thanks for giving me some competition in the engine bay area :laugh:. It will be tough to beat a 3L Turbo that looks sooooo sexay.
I did what I could to help and it makes me happy to see another 3L on the road. Nice job ;)

nice. whats up with the super narrow intercooler?

Narrow? Optical illusion?

That is the 'upgraded' FMIC from nautilus. Only one Joey sells that has more flow is the top-down IC that ryanblacksvt has. This thing should be good well into the 300s.

Back