• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Turbo Finished!!!

How's she running?

She is running really well. I only have about 25 miles on her so far as I noticed that my plates are expired. I just renewed them yesterday so now I can get back on the road. Didn't want to spend too much time out on the road making noise with expired plates.

Too good a reason to pull me over.

I haven't boosted past 5 psi yet as I want to get a few hundred miles in before I push harder. Even at that it pulls nice and strong, smooth too considering both roll resistors are poly filled. I plan to drive it to Kzoo, MI this coming weekend so that should fullfil my mileage quota. Spend a few hours on the freeway, get everything nice and hot.

When I get back from that trip I plan to change oil and up the boost to 7 psi...and maybe 10 psi after that if AFR, EGT and IAT are all in line. They should be, Warmonger had it dialed in pretty well before I smoked the last motor.

Then it will probably be time to put it up for the winter.

Then it will probably be time to put it up for the winter.

I usually do the same, but I don't want my new bits to sit right away again. I think I will drive mine any day that isn't snowing or super slushy/salty on the road.

Yeah, installing the correct TPS was all it needed, no more throttle hang and no more smoke out the back.

Spent about 40 mins on the road with it last night....all still seems well, not really beasting on it at all but getting the R's up there a few times. Its pretty tough to clearly hear the motor with the solid mounts and the typical contour rattles. I have a history of being overly paranoid about 'sounds' when I do a new build and I am trying to overcome that.

I need to find somewhere around Villa Park to do some data logging...a 'track' of sorts.

I need to do data logging as well, let me know when and where. I don't have a laptop that has a battery that will last, otherwise I would have done it long ago. I didn't think your car was 'rattling' anymore than it should with solid mounts. I don't have solid mounts but yours seems smoother than mine. Maybe it's the loudness of my exhaust compared to yours, but everything felt a lot smoother and more solid or tight.

I forgot to post the three crummy pics I took with my cell phone.
Here's Adam working on the beast, it was another five hours till we got it started up.
image006vp3.jpg

image007pa8.jpg

And my car, UIM off.
image008hj4.jpg

Back