• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 SVT Contour Full 3L Install (the Beginning)

Where did you pick it up & what company is it made by? I need everything for my car from the block to the rear bumper?

3L swaps in the future! HA! Past, present & future, I do a 3L swap for breakfast once a week! :)

I purchased the Y-pipe from Reebs and I don't believe he knows what company made it..... I certainly don't

That is cool that you are in to 3L swaps I found it enjoyable too.... considering getting another car to do to sell..... do you use taurus/sable 3L or Escape 3L? full/ported/ hybrid?

I personally would like to try them all.....

why?

did the tru-duals suck?

No they were great but, I had ground clearance issues with my extremely lowered car. To me I'd rather have the stance. I'd need a completely different set of true duals that i don't want to put the time & effort into again. Its cool & all but the gains are small compared to other mods i could think of.

I purchased the Y-pipe from Reebs and I don't believe he knows what company made it..... I certainly don't

That is cool that you are in to 3L swaps I found it enjoyable too.... considering getting another car to do to sell..... do you use taurus/sable 3L or Escape 3L? full/ported/ hybrid?

I personally would like to try them all.....
I haven't done a hybrid or an escape swap yet. I have an escape engine swap on my list. Don't really have any interest in the hybrid. Honestly I'm loving the full 04 swaps & don't think there is any reason to port anymore, in my opinion.

ahh, I see our point.

+ one about the porting, though if I did another I might try a hybrid with some other mods.

I know this has certainly been covered a billion times, but what heads come on the X-type? RFF or DAMB? and are they split or oval port? just wondering....

I haven't done a hybrid or an escape swap yet. I have an escape engine swap on my list. Don't really have any interest in the hybrid. Honestly I'm loving the full 04 swaps & don't think there is any reason to port anymore, in my opinion.

yeah the hybrid does seem the least appealing I'm not a fan of that high of compression.... I would like to try a full swap.... I'm enjoying my 04 with 04 cams I don't have anything to compare too though

yeah, no comparison sucks.

like, I thought my 164k mile se 2.5 was pretty peppy, then it turned out to be going to balls at that. I need to test drive an svt to see what 200hp is like so I gan butt dyno the 3l

yeah the hybrid does seem the least appealing I'm not a fan of that high of compression.... I would like to try a full swap.... I'm enjoying my 04 with 04 cams I don't have anything to compare too though

So you are running a 3l with 3l cams but with the svt lim/upper intake manifold?

How is that working out for you? Are you happy with the power? does it fall flat on it's face once you hit 6500+?

I have never driven a 3l with 3l cams and svt intakes on it.

I think it does very well I have never noticed it falling flat it has plenty of power. you are welcome to test it out if the 0-16 meet works out and I can make it which if it is in novi it looks like it will.....

I think it does very well I have never noticed it falling flat it has plenty of power. you are welcome to test it out if the 0-16 meet works out and I can make it which if it is in novi it looks like it will.....

Well thank you for the invite for driving it.:cool:

I hope you will make it...i might be a bit late...but who isn't during the holidays.:crazy:

yeah have another holiday party that day Christmas at my Mother in laws. so I don't know how long I'll be there.... I sure wish I had something to compare my car to as I think it is great but that doesn't mean a whole lot....

You can compare it to my 3L turbo. :D Traction is a big big problem right now with the cold and snow, although traction is a problem on dry hot summer days too! Or you can help me finish up that Silver SVT you saw in my drive and take that for a spin. I'm down to only a few SVT's left right now because I sold 4 just in the month of November! :crazy:

Last edited:
SO jeff when we getting together so that you can see my car and I can um drive yours.....? and yeah traction sucks right now.... need tires mine are whipped.... ah yes some nice 15 inch steelies..... (I wish)

I'm super busy this week, but I'll have alot of time next week. I drove by your car parked outside of work a little while back and it looks good. :cool: I was in a hurry so I didn't pop in to say "hi" though!

yep I'm in clarkston this whole week anyway. I don't know if I will be back in novi till after christmas but yeah it would be cool to help you with the silver car. just have to convince the wifey... you know how it is. I'm shooting for the egl meet on the 28th in novi at Bw3 cleard the codes and it hasn't come back yet. we'll see

Well you can compare it to my car:cool:

Next time you go out to reebs home...let me know..i'll cruise out for a bit and check out your car.:cool:

is first usefull at the strip, or is it completely useless?

I'm really wanting to do the final drive swap when I get to my diff job
Yes it is use full...we are just talking because of the weather.....well except for reebs....it's useless for him no matter what:laugh:

sick, I'll pick it up if I can ever save up the money for a quaife

sure dont need any more power on this 60k mile stocker from a wrecked svt

being from an svt= bad

being from a wrecked one= worse

Back