• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'07 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals

oh and happy birthday, Phil! ;)

That was funny. The waitress comes over and said "Who's Phil", Jason and Brian point at me and say "she is". Waitress says, "happy birthday" and hands me a drink. I was thinking: next month is my birthday. :shrug: Guess the headache meds made me a little slow. ;) Paul got a fruity drink in return. :D

Paul, the look on your face is priceless! Giving the shocker as my buddy Rick (I always make friends with someone there) comes over to shake your hand. The guy on the right of him has a dumbfounded look on his face. Probably thinking those Contour people are into some strange stuff. :laugh:

I forgot to mention one other CEG winner:
First place in the Fusion category: Our own Chris06Fusion.
Sorry 'bout that Chris!

how come every time you go to a meet, your car winds up getting push started?
Well, funny you bring that up. Glenn and I were talking about th's battery relocation and mixing type of conducters. That's what the problem was at Pete's place. He mixed a copper conducter with aluminum wires. When I redid the relocation PROPERLY, I used all aluminum/SS parts and coated it all with dielectric grease. No corrosion problems here!

Hey guys...I had a great time this year at Carlisle...its the first time I've actually taken a car of my own. Sorry I didn't spend much time with you guys...but I spent more time with my sister and her husband because it was kind of a family thing before I go to college. By the way in case some of you remember him....my brother-in-law is former 3LPower (Derek). We were over with his Mach 1 most of the time. Hope yall liked the beans, and my car will be improved upon greatly for next year's show.

Carlisle (NOT) Aftermath

Carlisle (NOT) Aftermath

Well, the tow car didn't have a bad water pump, but a cracked filler neck on the Nissens 3-row radiator. Turned out the upper rad hose hardened and strained the neck enough to cause this leak.

Of course, at 9:30PM Saturday nobody had one in stock.

By midnight, I gave up trying to braze it myself. All I managed to do was cause a bit of solder to leak out of the side tank seam, causing a second leak.

So, I missed my HPDE at Pocono Sunday. But the NASA-Northeast people are first-rate and gave me a credit toward a future race.

www.nasanortheast.org

Tonight I have the Area Director of SCCA coming over to give #36 an annual safety tech.

Passing this, I just might make it a last-minute entry into this weekend's Weatherly Hillclimb, in Weatherly, PA

http://www.pahillclimb.org/Courses/Weatherly.htm

(Yes! The cars DO FLY!)

Whether I race it or not here, if anybody wants a fun event to watch, this is a great one!

Good weather is predicted. Food it good -- alll local scout and church groups, etc.-- and you get up close and personal with all the drivers and cars.

If I enter, I'll post it right here.

If not, my next event will be the NASA Competition School, Thursday, June 14 at Pocono North. Then my first road race, again with NASA, at Pocono July 20-22.

In between, July 6-8, it's the 101st running of the Giant's Despair Hill Climb, Laurel Run Boro, PA (near Wilkes-Barre)

BTW, do you know who broke the "impossible" 60-second mile?

C'mon! You saw soooooo much of his car craft at the All-Ford Nationals!

Hope to see some of you!

Last edited:
Instead of worrying about the TCS, worry about your fender...and spoiler...and any other flaw I didn't point out. ;)

Well, it jumped up almost to the red line really fast so I freaked out. ;)

Weak more so because it was on the grass ...

Instead of worrying about the TCS, worry about your fender...and spoiler...and any other flaw I didn't point out. ;)

Are we pointing out flaws on cars ?? Need a glass garage & a stone :shrug: , lol :D ??

Back