• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'07 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals

^ The three of you were missed!!

What a fantastic turn out this year! Thank you to everyone that made it out and braved the heat (no rain or cold this year).

A very nice and welcome surprise, we had some new winners this year.

SVT:
99 Red SVT (Paul)
Aaron 98 SE (Aaron)
TourEnvy (Evan)

Non SVT:

BrApple (Brian)
Yamaha racer 686 (Ian)
Joel4Prez (Steph)

For those of you that weren't in on the surprise, this is Aaron 98 SE's new ride:

DSC05901.jpg

(jack covers are off for cleaning & the hood is popped)

Remember, I posted the picture of the black SVT that was at my house? Glenn said his name was Jeff, the new guy. It was Aaron's SVT! He did a good job of keeping the secret and all was reveled at Carlisle, he purchased it on 1 May.

He's very proud of this car, as he should be. He worked his butt off cleaning it, it's spotless. It's so clean that the previous owner thought he replaced the shift knob and boot. :laugh: Excellent job Aaron!

Outstanding job, all of you!!

Edit: I will upload my pictures very soon and will post pictures of the winners.

Last edited:
...and an outstanding job to you for helping everyone make it through! ;)

your role in these events is much appreciated...

now that you're home, how's Jack? ;) :laugh:

Just wanted to let everyone know I had a good time at Carlisle! And thanks to Scott and Jeff who let me camp with them. :laugh:

I can't believe how many Contours we had gathered there! It was great even at the end of the day when I left to look back and see a dozen cars still there in an empty field!

On a down note I finally got home after 3 1/4 hours. For the reason that people are slow and stupid 78 was backed up and no one remembered how to drive faster then 10 mph :mad: The road is down to one lane and all of traffic bottle necked right there because people slow to 1 mph to go through concrete channels? The speed went back up to 40 mph right after the channel ended. :shrug:

I'll see how my pics and videos of the burnout comp got and then post them later! And I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

I had a great time too! Too bad, my starter went click, click, click, so I hightailed it home after Mike, Kim, Brian and some dude pushed the car down the hill. On the plus side, I made it home in 2:15, compared to my over 3 hours going. The construction traffic on 78W was all gone and I sailed right on through.

Oh yeah, great to meet all of the new people here as well! :):crazy:

i had a great time as well. you guys are such a blast to hang out with, especially you glenn haha. cant wait until the next meet. my car will be a lil diferent then too...i have some plans.

Thanks for letting my wife and I chill with you all Sat Night.

Looks like someone made the pic's on the Carlisle website already

DSC_0038.JPG

Last edited:
Had a great time as always. It was great to see everyone again and to meet everyone else that I haven't meet before. Wish I could of stayed for the awards but I got home just before the rain and at a decent time, screw 78 ... 81 to 84 ftw, no traffic and cruising at 80 :laugh: made some great time getting home ...

Thanks to all who attended. We had such a great time this year. I was cool to see everyone again, and congrats to the winners! :cool: Everyone's car's looked great, and thanks to Jason for touchin up my headlights.

Ryan, sorry again about the fuel milage. :laugh:

We enjoyed ourselves, despite the humidity. It was great to meet you all, even though my memory is poor and I still don't know names/screennames for all of you. heh :eek:

Our drive home was a breeze. We made awesome time. We hit rain as soon as we got near NH. :( oh well

congrats to all the award winners. Some nice, clean rides this weekend.

oh and happy birthday, Phil! ;)

I had a great time as well. This was my first show with the SVT and first time at carlisle, what an experience! It was nice meeting you guys and putting a face to those usernames. We had alot of really nice cars there. Congrats to the other winners.

Note to self: Don't Camp!

Back