• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'07 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals

You mean that weak-azz "burnout" on the grass :shrug: ?? Paul did a better one on the pavement ... oh wait , that was weak too , lol :D :D !!! NO - that's NOT an invitation to do a better job at next year's Carlisle show !! None of those shenanigans !!

Right -- we were bullsh*tting about how it would have been subpar if he'd grabbed the pavement when leaving the grass and wiped out the '86 Cougar, a couple SVTs, etc. Glad you kept it on the straight and narrow, Glenn.

Was good to meet you folks and shoot the bull -- thanks for your hospitality and good cheer. See you next year, as the Nationals are the place to be. :cool:

If I don't have teh CSVT next year, I'll definitely be at the Fords Nationals next year with 1 of 3 Mustangs. :laugh:

Thanks for a great time. The way you guys did the food was well thought out and made it easier than asking people to bring different things. You guys are a great group. If you are ever up north, look up the New England group. We usually have a big shindig in the fall with a cruise through some nice twisty back roads with the leaves all flying up behind us!

LauraSVT: I never did get to meet you. Where were you? You didn't come hang out with us at the gazebo.

NavyBrad: Didn't get to meet you either. I saw you drop the beans off and then you left, I tried to catch you but it was too late. BTW, the beans were good! Thank you for bringing them.

Zee: Sorry to hear you had to miss your event at Pocono. I'm going to try to make the road race in July.

Mark: Thanks for bringing the hot dogs! Love the sound of that "quiet" exhaust you've got there. :laugh: ;)

Last edited:
LauraSVT: I never did get to meet you. Where were you? You didn't come hang out with us at the gazebo.

I was around on Saturday and Sunday. My plan to attend the Nationals on Friday was stymied by awful traffic on I-78. It took us 10 hours coming down from Mass when it should only have taken 7. By the time we arrived, I opted for a shower, dinner, and a beer instead, as time was short.

I spent some time over with the Fox Cougars, as we had one parked over there -- it's in one of the Contour photos from Sunday, after we consolidated the cars.

As for the gazebo, I relished the idea, but I was concerned about having beers and driving (my hotel was in Swatara Township, Harrisburg), so opted for the safe route. I suppose I could have just not drank, but that didn't seem likely, given the atmosphere. I'm sure I can refine my planning for next year, and we can make each other's acquaintance.

NavyBrad: Didn't get to meet you either. I saw you drop the beans off and then you left, I tried to catch you but it was too late. BTW, the beans were good! Thank you for bringing them.

Hey yeah sorry lol....I went to meet my sister and my brother in law in the Mach 1 area. I spent most of the time with them

Back