• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sho

nope shes auto. unless its custom but it sure does look stock.

ATX was available only from 93-95. MTX was available from 89-95.

It is unlikely that anyone would have done a reverse transplant into a 90, however... ya never know.

I suspect your identification of the year is incorrect.

Steve

Moderator, SHOForum

yes you could be right i might have mistaken it for an older model. But than again ya never know. if i go back out there this week il try and get some pics of it.

pop the hood.... if its a 3.2 and an auto, its probably not a 90. if its a 3.0 and an auto, its probably a 90 with a trans swap.

If the car has a complete front end, it's the quickest way to tell the difference... they're totally different:

Gen I (3.0 w/MTX only... more than likely, the grille will be body color):
38-7-118.jpg

Gen II (3.0 w/MTX or 3.2 w/ATX):
taurusho_front.jpg

I've actually seen ONE gen 1 SHO with an automatic transmission, but it was a custom job that a young man prepared for his father if i'm not mistaken. His father suffered an injury and was unable to operate a clutch anymore, but he loved his SHO so much that he and his son decided to swap an automatic into it.

Try and find out the exact year, or better yet, some pics. You can tell the exact year of almost any SHO with just a few pics.

Anyways, if I were you, I'd take the whole car if possible. You could probably recoup what you paid for it and then some by parting it out. As more SHO's see the crusher, parts are getting more and more hard to come by.

Last edited:
yes.. by the looks of pictures i think im going to have to call this one a mistake. sorry guys. Im leaning toward the 2nd gen now. But still il try to get what i can from it because the whole car is intact.

I remember once reading that a SHO motor (a dead one, anyway), properly cleaned up and displayed, could be considered a work of art. :)

will do. butt how do u tell the difference between the 3.0 and the 3.2,, does it say anywhere?:shrug: motor looks the same
Get the VIN and post. We should be able to tell what year, engine and model from it (unless it is a transplant).

gen II ftw!
atx ftl!

nothing against anyone who has one but the atx versions seem to suck in those cars. slow as hell :shrug:

Back