• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deal's Gap .... dang

Kremithefrog

Hard-core CEG'er
From a cop up there

"Hey, just to give you a heads up for next season----we have a new captain in the knoxville district which covers blount county------ he has already told us that we will put a stop to the "race track driving" up on the dragon this year------so far what they have said is that the speed limit is 30mph and "ANYONE" caught going 50mph and up will be charged with reckless driving and will be jailed and their bike/car will be impounded--- --I am telling you this because i am trying to put the word out to everyone i know----or to people who know people that go up there-----I don't want to have to take people to jail for this---however I have bills to pay and I kind of like having a job---so never the less I have to do what i am told to do-----so the way i see it is that if killboy.com knows and you know and dealsgap.com knows and whoever else can find out can pass this along---it will benefit everybody--- -----feel free to copy and past this and let everyone know-------if you get caught up there it is only your fault because i am trying to pass the word along for everybody's sake-----we are not just going to come up from the bottom like in years past---they are gonna have us go through cherohala skwy in north carolina and come from the top down to the bottom----so no more free rides on your way back to the state line----they are gonna bring unmarked cars with radio's and have unmarked bikes up there----this will be a joint effort with blount county and the THP-----The entire THP motor unit will be brought in 2 people at a time(for a week long assignment) to be paired up with the local car----they plan on busting tail at least 3-4 times right off the bat---then they will sit back and see what takes place-----these orders came from Nashville Headquarters- --we have a complete brand new higher ranking structure from the very tip top spot down----they have said we will work until the problem is solved----just wanted to give you and your friends a heads up.......... SIGNED... .......Trp Cagle with THP assigned to Blount County Division---- (don't come crying to me if you get busted----cause I'm telling you now)"

i could get around but my damn nut wanted to keep backin off but i still pushed it like a dumbass lol. that sux...guess we gotta find another place to go

I dunno, John. Since we go in late fall/early winter, there's usually not a lot of folks up there. Take a trip up there in June/July. You'll see plenty of motards out there actin a fool; which is mainly what the fuzz wants to target. When we go up there, you usually don't see a lot of anything going on; which is why we picked the first or second weekend in October for the past 5 or so years. I'm not worried, there might be more cops here and there, but just so long as you keep your head on a swivel (and don't think you're the fastest on the mountain) you'll be just fine.

That's absolutely right. The fuzz will kill off the bikers; which in turn will kill off a majority of the tourism for the surrounding areas. Businesses will close and people will leave town to find more stable jobs. If there's no one left to protect, the fuzz will leave, too. Cause and effect, Hector. It just sucks that everyone in the surrounding areas will have to suffer financially.

Ross is gonna have to hook us up with track time. Get us a track, Ross.

I got a track. But it is only open after midnight and can only be ran a maximum of two or three times back to back. It is also higher speed than the dragon (think third gear not second and sometimes first like the dragon) and very challenging unless you've been running it for nearly 5 years. After those two or three runs you have to leave quite quickly and hide. These weird vehicles with lights on top come out. They usually only send one and thus have a hard time catching any decent car but they try hard. And some of them know where some of us live!!
BTW, I am the undisputed fastest known driver around this track for the time being.

And I understand the cops coming out. There is always atleast a couple accidents every time I've been up there. The problem really isn't the speeding, it's just people pushing their bikes/cars too hard. And yes the motard guys are crazy and two of the times I've been, I've had a motard in my lane around a blind corner.

Personally, the dragon is too crowded most the time anyways. There are other roads to have fun on, you just gotta find them.

doooooooode those things with lights are here in my town too...thats gotta be odd. im paranoid of them. they always follow me then the lights turn on and off....i havnt figured it out....could they be tring to contact us?:shrug:

on the skyway i know i was doing upwards of 100+ at some points :laugh: tryin to catch up with Ross

Road Atlanta?

ooooo wait lookie

http://www.racefanworld.com/georgia_tracks.htm

on the skyway i know i was doing upwards of 100+ at some points :laugh: tryin to catch up with Ross
I think we surprised those two bikes that last afternoon there on the way back to tellico plains. The two that passed us when traffic held us up and then we caught up to them and passed them when traffic cleared.

We got gingerman at spring zing.

I think we surprised those two bikes that last afternoon there on the way back to tellico plains. The two that passed us when traffic held us up and then we caught up to them and passed them when traffic cleared.

We got gingerman at spring zing.

yeah.. i beat they where were like WTF!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?

130? thats it? you were going down hill werent you?:laugh:

Back