• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cold Cold January Meet Pics

lmao remember when you me and Bob went to visit sandra at Marshalls and we stopped to get gas there and there was this crazy lady who didnt know where to go and she was blocking traffic!! hahahha that was amazing! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you were soo proud of getting gas from there as well :D

lmao I remember that! I think it was an old guy though. He just sat there going about 1 mph looking around as tons of cars began lining up behind him. And we just sat in the car laughing. Good times. I'm surprised no one beeped at him though.

oh and that last pic posted....once again im grateful for the camera position, haha

ya thought one of you would be for that, but yours was the closest
lol #4427 just should have cropped it a little
ok then, the meet was good
some of us learned at waterpump 101
we discovered that Bobs garage is a little tilted ( hence the picture of the flowing anti freeze) ha ha
and the trash can lid must have had a hole in it.
The next meet needs to be a minimum of 35 degrees out, some of you rail skinny guys just may become human popsicles with to much exposure. lol

By the way, could/should we plan ahead for the next meet?
and if we do...
Brapple needs to bring that scanner do-dad again, and we need to get Bob to bring some more of those brownies!!

Last edited:
we discovered that Bobs garage is a little tilted ( hence the picture of the flowing anti freeze) ha ha
Most garages are slightly tilted to allow the flow of water/fluids so they don't freeze and crack the cement. I think my dad specified almost a foot grade difference between the front and back of our garage when he built it.

The guy I bought my Maxima from was very angry at his contractor. He specified a grade so they decided to put a ton of fill in the garage and gave him something like a 3-foot difference between front and back (extremely steep). You had to always set the e-brake on his cars to prevent them rolling into the door.

Next meet is March 17th at our house. :D
(not an official NECEG meet, but come one, come all)

sounds good to me, yah, bob def needs to bring some of those brownies, but def the rice krispy treats. Watch out, 20 people will show up and all try to crowd into you "theatre" room. Ill be there, i just checked and thats the only weekend I dont have a LAX game.

BTW practice is from 9-11pm on weds now and 7-9pm on fri, which really sucks

Well, it will be a St. Patty's day party so people who will be drinking will have to stay over!! We can play a bunch of fun drinking games, and for those that won't be drinking can have fun making fun of the drunks!! Just no falling into the TV!!

Well, it will be a St. Patty's day party so people who will be drinking will have to stay over!! We can play a bunch of fun drinking games, and for those that won't be drinking can have fun making fun of the drunks!! Just no falling into the TV!!

sounds like a good deal ... is there going to be corned beef and cabage to eat? got to have the proper St. Patty's day dinner after all

We were thinking of a boiled dinner. HAHA, kidding. Actually, we were going to do Reubens. Actually Shepard's pie would be good too!! And Beer. If lots of people really commit to coming, I'll think about a keg, but last time I did that a lot of people ended up not coming, and a lot of beer went to waste. I tried to drink it all, honest but failed.... I needed todras for that....

I'll be making Reuben sandwiches. I haven't thought of anything else to do foodwise, other than ask people to byob and chips or other snack.

I'll post something more official in late February so we can all plan it out.

I'll be making Reuben sandwiches. I haven't thought of anything else to do foodwise, other than ask people to byob and chips or other snack.

I'll post something more official in late February so we can all plan it out.

reubens sound good, oh yah, im am glad to help you guys finish whatever alcoholic beverage you get. Maybe ill bring my own.:D

Is this NECEG or a big party with random people?

I'm 80% able to go. I don't drink beer FWIW.

i can get drunk legally!!! Kim you can card me! :D

it'll only take like one drink and harooney will be GONE

wow u light weight, i downed 3/4 of a handle of rum, 1 shot of absolute, and a shot of Jds and I was fine, maybe a little drunk, but enough so that i was still conscious. I walked all the back to my dorm w/out any help, it was like half a mile. I have never puked or blacked out. I get it from my dad, he can take a lot, but he doesnt drink much.

Most garages are slightly tilted to allow the flow of water/fluids so they don't freeze and crack the cement. I think my dad specified almost a foot grade difference between the front and back of our garage when he built it.

The guy I bought my Maxima from was very angry at his contractor. He specified a grade so they decided to put a ton of fill in the garage and gave him something like a 3-foot difference between front and back (extremely steep). You had to always set the e-brake on his cars to prevent them rolling into the door.

hey I understand that, but a little sarcasm goes a long way. However it did lok a bit strange seeing the flow of antifreeze apparently coming from the tail pipe in the picture.

I FINALLY uploaded my pictures. I forgot about them until I went to upload pictures of parts. So here ya go...

The packed driveway...
100_1081.jpg

Workin in the garage and taking shelter from the cold I will not soon forget.
100_1080.jpg

Greg (aircougar) being pulled over by Elky...
100_1077.jpg

100_1078.jpg

100_1079.jpg

Back